The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Any bow hunters out there? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/any-bow-hunters-out-there-146711/)

averylilly 12-14-2012 10:04 PM

Any bow hunters out there?

So is there? :-)
I Love bow hunting!I have been hunting since i was six.My brother and sister started about the same time.My dad is a huge fan of it and go us all in to it.I like deer hunting over any thing but have turkey,duck ect ect.Mostly because i can use my bow:wink:
Do any of y'all hunt? If ya do what do ya hunt? What kinda bow?
And please if you think that hunting is crule think about that cow that had to die when you are eating a hamburger.Not that big of a difference.I really would appreciate it if you just keep you'er shut if you are going to be rude.

Cacowgirl 12-15-2012 02:13 PM

My BIL hunts-all kinds of game-from quail to elk, & fishes, too. But, no he doesn't bow hunt. Sounds like it's a good family outing for all of you, though.

ilikehorses2 12-15-2012 02:18 PM

I am good at bow but, I couldn't shoot any animals!

Tessa7707 12-15-2012 08:19 PM

I love archery! I'm getting a new bow for Christmas and I have some special order arrows at the hunting supply store ready to cut to my draw length when my bow comes in. We have a big hunting family too, and I shot my first deer when I was 10. Never been bow hunting though. I'm planning on starting some mounted archery too!
I used to be a certified archery instructor but my certification expired a couple months ago.
As far as hunting being cruel? It's a million times more humane than the way millions of animals are treated for the meat or even dairy industry each year. Animals squeezed into cages, never seeing the light of day their entire lives? I'd rather forgo that altogether and just eat meat that I hunted or raised myself.

lucky2008 12-15-2012 09:36 PM

I hunt deer with my parker bow :)

RaigenB 12-15-2012 09:58 PM

I doooo!!! I just started bow hunting a couple years ago, but I don't get much practice.. lol I'm better with my .20 gauge! :P I hunt deer (have yet to get a buck) got my first doe last year! :D I also I hunt turkey and squirrel. I'd like to start duck hunting, it looks fun! :)

My bow is also a Parker :)

averylilly 12-17-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

I love archery! I'm getting a new bow for Christmas and I have some special order arrows at the hunting supply store ready to cut to my draw length when my bow comes in. We have a big hunting family too, and I shot my first deer when I was 10. Never been bow hunting though. I'm planning on starting some mounted archery too!
I used to be a certified archery instructor but my certification expired a couple months ago.
As far as hunting being cruel? It's a million times more humane than the way millions of animals are treated for the meat or even dairy industry each year. Animals squeezed into cages, never seeing the light of day their entire lives? I'd rather forgo that altogether and just eat meat that I hunted or raised myself.
Cool! I know like my hole family hunts so either you hunt or you deal with it in our family lol.But i know people have no clue.At lest deer get to live in the wild all there lifes and just be deer.But cattle,hog ect are stuck in a cage all there lifes.
What kinda bow are ya gonna get? I love love mathews and bow tech bow.You will love bow hunting!

Tessa7707 12-17-2012 11:44 AM

I'm getting a bow specifically for mounted archery, so it's a low draw weight (for speed) short (48") bow- so not so great for hunting. It's a take-down recurve, and it's real-tree. Not sure what brand, my husband picked it out and got it for me. I'll post pictures when it comes in. I have a 55lb draw recurve right now that would be a lot better for hunting- totally sucks for mounted archery though. The arrows I have waiting are composite with feather fletching. When you're doing mounted archery, you don't have time to make sure the index-feather is out, and feathers won't misdirect your arrow like plastic vanes will if the arrow is notched with the index-feather in. I definitely want to hunt deer next year. My brother and I are scheming to bow hunt deer. I think it's awesome that bow season starts first.

OutOfTheLoop 12-20-2012 08:46 AM

I used to bow hunt many years ago, havnt been hunting in proboly 7 years. I was better with a rifle. Never did get anythingg with my bow. I don't have good depth perception, so after I landed a doe in the leg and she run off with my arrow, I stuck to target shooting lol. Don't worry, my ex was in a tree a few hundred yards away and he saw her lay down with my arrow in her leg and he shot her with his pistol. I felt so bad I stopped taking my bow out hunting lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 12-20-2012 08:52 AM

I plan to finally get out and go hunting next season. Before Im willing to go out I nees to be able to afford clothing, scents, and an actual sight for my compound, lol.
My boyfriend was suppose to take me multiple times, but it never happened..so Ill just go on my own (possibly sit on my horse lmao) and hope I can figure it out enough to be semi-decent.
Posted via Mobile Device