The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Going rate for full care? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/going-rate-full-care-146718/)

Tessa7707 12-14-2012 10:59 PM

Going rate for full care?

Hello!
So, here's the scenario.
I'm thinking of offering full or part care at a facility that is currently a self-care only barn.
I would offer feeding, including hay/grain/supplements/dump, clean refill water
cleaning stalls
turnout
blanketing... etc.

Board is $105 for a smaller stall and paddock, $135 for the big, huge grassy paddocks and shelters.

So, on top of that, what would be a reasonable fee to charge for various services? What do you pay or charge? Tips, advice, ideas all very appreciated. Thanks!

Solon 12-14-2012 11:07 PM

I pay 320.00 for full board. That includes:

stall cleaning six days a week - boarders clean on sundays
all hay
all grain
boarders pay their own supplements
tack box
trailer storage
turn out in the summer in outside pasture - arena turn out in the winter (due to excessive rain in this area)
hot/cold wash rack

additional 10.00 fees are for blanketing each night in the winter and holding the horse for farrier/vet etc.

We just recently had self care/partial care added which has been a complete nightmare.

EvilHorseOfDoom 12-14-2012 11:12 PM

Are these prices weekly or monthly?

Here in Australia I'm aware all things horsey are more expensive. For full stable board/livery around here it costs about $220-250/wk. On top of that are farrier bills, worming, vet bills etc, so that only covers rugging, feed (not bespoke, horses all get the same which means the ponies get fat and the TBs go crazy), mucking out and a morning walk around the yard for exercise if requested.

So if those are monthly prices you guys are quoting I am insanely jealous :D

Tessa7707 12-14-2012 11:21 PM

The board I'm talking about is monthly. WOW!! $250 a week?? That's crazy!! That's more than my rent for my apartment!! Haha!

Solon 12-14-2012 11:23 PM

Monthly - wow, that's crazy weekly!!

QOS 12-14-2012 11:46 PM

I pay $250 for pasture board for each of my horses. They have approximately a 3.5 acre pasture with a two sided shelter and auto water and salt block.

They are fed twice a day Safe Choice and will get hay in the winter when the grass is gone. I have a tack closet and places to put my saddle stands. Access to a hot and a cold wash rack. Walkers, covered arena, large arena. Bathrooms. Owners on site with 3 ranch employees that watch over the horses - video on site behind electric gated property.

Reno Bay 12-15-2012 01:03 AM

Full care board is $450 for me...$800 with training (a month, yup). I do clean stalls and do other random barn work to reduce board and pay off training.

Phly 12-15-2012 01:06 AM

Holy horse poop! Thems some big numbers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oldhorselady 12-15-2012 08:07 AM

$400 per horse per month.

Approx 1/3 acre pasture...2/3 of it is grass seperated from 1/3 which is dry lot with a nice shelter.

Includes hay

Horse owner supplies and feeds grain etc. and cleans own manure.

Includes very nice tackroom...looks like a mini cabin.

Beautiful facility, nice people to ride with, wonderful ammenities and wonderful trails. I can't complain...well worth it.

live to ride 12-15-2012 12:11 PM

Around here, its around 300-350 for most boarding barns, but if you want to go to a show barn with trainers and everything, its the upper 400s. a month.

OP, do you board there too and just would be hired by other boarders, or do you own the place?