The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   are these stirrups okay? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/these-stirrups-okay-146801/)

cassidilla 12-15-2012 10:16 PM

are these stirrups okay?

I just got these showman stirrups they were so cute and my saddle has hearts on it so they matched perfectly! I couldn't pass them up. I couldn't find any reviews on them just wanted to know if this is a good brand or if my impulsive buying of cute things got the best of me lol
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 12-15-2012 10:40 PM

Showman are imported but still a good stirrup as far as I have seen, it is their saddles that are not all that great.

cassidilla 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA (Post 1801367)

Showman are imported but still a good stirrup as far as I have seen, it is their saddles that are not all that great.

okay I just want to make sure because I couldn't resist buying them then I started to have second thoughts lol
Thank you!
Posted via Mobile Device

Saddlebag 12-20-2012 09:17 PM

You're supposed to have second thought before you buy, not after. Lol

cassidilla 12-21-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1808580)
You're supposed to have second thought before you buy, not after. Lol

I know I know buttt I'm such an impulsive buyer I think about it after the fact luckily it's all turned out okay!
Posted via Mobile Device

Tack Collector 12-21-2012 10:56 AM

Are they aluminum? I have the ones with the card suite. They are nive stirrups but hugely wide across, for a big foot. I wear womens sz 5.5-6 boots and I think the stirrups are too wide for me. They are very flat across the bottom, as well.

I polished mine with Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. It takes the rough edges off the engraving and makes the stirrups look like sterling silver, almost.

cassidilla 12-21-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tack Collector (Post 1809225)
Are they aluminum? I have the ones with the card suite. They are nive stirrups but hugely wide across, for a big foot. I wear womens sz 5.5-6 boots and I think the stirrups are too wide for me. They are very flat across the bottom, as well.

I polished mine with Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. It takes the rough edges off the engraving and makes the stirrups look like sterling silver, almost.

yes they are those ones I'll try polishing them because I did notice that the metal was really sharp I have a biggerfoot I wear women's 8.5-9 so they weren't too big on me I haven't tried them out because my bf is treating the leatherto make them darker
Posted via Mobile Device