The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Oh happy day! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/oh-happy-day-146805/)

Reno Bay 12-15-2012 10:41 PM

Oh happy day!

Just have to share.

My BO/trainer put me on Reno today...for like three minutes of walking around in 20m and 10m circles and an attempt at five strides of trot...but I FINALLY got on my baby! His walk is sooooo comfy to ride

Then another girl got on him for his training/workout. He's coming along nicely. He had a bit of a freak out moment when they were trotting a 20m at the far side of the arena (maybe cause it was a little dark?). It was a little frightening to watch, but at the same time I was like "Dude...your flipout is a gorgeous lateral trot/canter?" The rider stopped him quickly with a one rein stop and he stood compliantly for a few seconds before being ridden on the far side again with no problem (at a walk anyway).

Only downside is my family and special guy friend weren't able to make it to see this milestone.

nvr2many 12-15-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reno Bay (Post 1801369)
Just have to share.

My BO/trainer put me on Reno today...for like three minutes of walking around in 20m and 10m circles and an attempt at five strides of trot...but I FINALLY got on my baby! His walk is sooooo comfy to ride

Then another girl got on him for his training/workout. He's coming along nicely. He had a bit of a freak out moment when they were trotting a 20m at the far side of the arena (maybe cause it was a little dark?). It was a little frightening to watch, but at the same time I was like "Dude...your flipout is a gorgeous lateral trot/canter?" The rider stopped him quickly with a one rein stop and he stood compliantly for a few seconds before being ridden on the far side again with no problem (at a walk anyway).

Only downside is my family and special guy friend weren't able to make it to see this milestone.

Awe, that's great! I don't know the story behind this and also wondered about your signature, are you selling Reno??

Reno Bay 12-15-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvr2many (Post 1801374)
Awe, that's great! I don't know the story behind this and also wondered about your signature, are you selling Reno??

Gotta change that. We were having some issues and might not have been able to stay where we're living (aka homelessness), so it was a last ditch option I really didn't want to have to take. By some miracle a friend of a friend is taking care of our rent and bills this month O________O and my mother and I have good jobs now that will keep building and generating decent income. So thankful right now.

On Reno, he's an OTTB. Coming 5 and verrrry green from around 2 years of not being ridden after going to the rescue. Myself, I could be considered green as well...in dressage anyway. I took years of HJ and dressage is completely new to me. He's my good man XD

nvr2many 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

Well, YAY all the way around then!!!!!

Reno Bay 12-15-2012 11:10 PM

I think he may be growing. He seems taller to me lol. Thankfully, the Probios is starting to make his poop normal (no more messy stall!). We're also going to get his teeth floated soon to see if that helps with his grinding issue at all. We think that's mostly stress though. Poor guy is so willing, but is anxious about pleasing people...I swear.