The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Famous Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/famous-horses/)
-   -   Remembering Eight Belles! (http://www.horseforum.com/famous-horses/remembering-eight-belles-146807/)

mgsavannah1315 12-15-2012 10:57 PM

Remembering Eight Belles!

Eight Belles was a filly who was raced too young. She died after winning her race, and no one seems to care about her much. So I'll post this thread, and maybe some people will care, maybe some people won't, but I always will care, and remember Eight Belles.

Cacowgirl 12-16-2012 10:19 AM

Many horsese are sacrificied on the race track. I personally love to here about when they get second lives with new owners/riders.

HeroMyOttb 12-16-2012 12:13 PM

Eight Belles was injured after running second in the Kentucky Derby and then euthnized , she had a big heart. No one will forget or stop caring about the racehorses that were injured and later euthnized while racing. The Racing industry has to continue on and try to improve.

live to ride 12-16-2012 04:34 PM

I remember that race. I wont stop caring about those horses!

Country Woman 12-18-2012 12:11 AM

Yes I also remember the race too
so sad this should have never happened

SorrelHorse 12-18-2012 12:52 AM

Saying no one cares is a little harsh, isn't it?

The story is several years old. We cared then and we care now.

But, we've moved forward. There are pressing current problems that could be solved, instead of trying to change the past.

GodGirl11 01-10-2013 04:59 PM

OH MY GOODNESS I CARE SO MUCH! She's on my wall, she's on my Bible! Most beautiful filly I've ever seen. I've wanted to be a jockey for the longest time but probably won't be cuz they are racing them ridiculously young. They've seen all these gorgeous, promising horses dying and don't think any thing of it! Grrr!! Its so irritating! I'm praying that they wait until the horse is 3 before they start training!

But Eight Belles will be in my heart til my last day! She was so fast, so spirited, and beautiful! I wish I could've seen her in person. Rest in peace, darling. Heaven gained a four-legged angel, Earth lost one </3