The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Here's your sign "STUPID" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/heres-your-sign-stupid-14681/)

Vidaloco 09-14-2008 02:15 PM

Here's your sign "STUPID"

I was thinking about some of the really embarrassing, stupid things I used to think where correct before I got horses. Thought I'd list a couple. Anyone have any others?

I used to believe:

1. Full seat breeches were for people with big butts
2. Gaited horses where horses that could open gates
3. A girth and a cinch were the same thing. (cinch=western girth=english)They both hold the saddle on but in different ways
4. Ground tieing meant tying your horse to a rock or log on the ground.
5. Owning a horse just involved buying a horse, sticking it out in the pasture, standing back and saying " oh how pretty"

3neighs 09-14-2008 02:22 PM

6. Thinking a pony is a baby horse.

free_sprtd 09-14-2008 02:22 PM

hmmm I used to think

the bridle and halter were the same thing
horses had to wear shoes
horses pretty much came trained lol

Vidaloco 09-14-2008 02:38 PM

Thought of some more

Colt was any baby horse male or female
All spotted horses were paints and all paints were pintos

horsey*kisses 09-14-2008 02:49 PM

mmmm....
i used to think all sorrel, chesnut and bay horses were all called brown...now i hate it when someone calls a horse brown :lol:

Gingerrrrr 09-14-2008 03:01 PM

i use to think all horses were near bombproof or beginner safe.

Pinto Pony 09-14-2008 08:11 PM

1. Full seat breeches were for people with big butts

Haha me too!!!

ilovemyhorsies 09-15-2008 12:08 AM

good golly....no idea what i thought....been around horses 14 yrs, riding properly for 12....i'll have to figure some out!

ooohhh....got one...not from me but from my brother who has become slightly interested in horses....no idea how long that is gonna last!

1. whips are for giving horses a great big slap on the bum....regardless of if they need it or how old/trained they are. needless to say i have told him many times my strict code of conduct involving horses, riding and whips....

PoptartShop 09-15-2008 06:00 AM

LOL! :P Some of those are true for me too! :lol:

8: All horses automatically knew how to jump
9: Saddlepads are just to make the horse look pretty (well hey, this was before I even rode a horse, hehe!)
10. I never knew there were so many diff. breeds so I just called everything a QH. LOL!

SonnyWimps 09-15-2008 08:39 AM

I used to think when I was younger that the horses legs were so delicate and brittle that if it tripped it would break it's leg lol.