The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Any one know where i can get this type of leadrope ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/any-one-know-where-i-can-147101/)

OliviaMyee 12-18-2012 08:15 PM

Any one know where i can get this type of leadrope ?

Hi every one, I am looking for a lead rope that has a clip that can come on and off the rope. And a lead rope that has very strong and durable rope, which is tightly bound together so it doesn't get stuck in the baling twine when i tie up my horse. It cant be to short or extremely long, and its a bonus if it has a 2 leather* straps on the end to give a nice whip lashing if im in a dangerous situation, ( for ex. a horse is charging me in the paddock, or dogs a chasing me in the paddock ). And an extra bonus of it has a rust proof clip that isn't extremely heavy.

Please put in a link to where i can buy it :-)

JustWingIt 12-18-2012 08:38 PM

Dura-Tech® 8' Cushion Web Lead in Lead Ropes / Lead Shanks at Schneider Saddlery
^this ones snap is removable

Dura-Tech® Comfort Soft 10' Braided Brown Lead in Lead Ropes / Lead Shanks at Schneider Saddlery
^popper, removable snap

Either of those strike your fancy? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

JustWingIt 12-18-2012 08:46 PM

Found some more:

Blocker Lead Rope - Lead Ropes from SmartPak Equine
Sold out, but has a popper and it looks like the snap is removable

Basic Cowboy Braided Leap Rope - Statelinetack.com
Popper, believe snap is removable

Mustang Tight Braided Cowboy Lead - Statelinetack.com
Comes without snap, you could find one that you like (rust resistant etc.)
Posted via Mobile Device

amberly 12-18-2012 09:09 PM

Most of our supplies we get form Murdoch's. That's the only place I can think of.

OliviaMyee 12-18-2012 09:46 PM

Thank you so much every one ! I think that cheap lead ropes that are not tightly bound together are very dangerous ! thank you exspesh justWingit i will look at those leadropes in depth :)

JustWingIt 12-18-2012 10:49 PM

Yea no prob! :)

tinyliny 12-18-2012 11:06 PM

Anything less than 10 ft is too short, IMO. I want to be able to remove the snap, and some of those don't work. I prefer a heavier leadline because I may use it to kind of throw some energy down the line, and heavier sends a feel better. However, of those posted so far, this it perhaps the best choice:

Dura-Tech® Comfort Soft 10' Braided Brown Lead in Lead Ropes / Lead Shanks at Schneider Saddlery

It is 10.5 feet long and snap is removeable.

OliviaMyee 12-20-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1805750)
Anything less than 10 ft is too short, IMO. I want to be able to remove the snap, and some of those don't work. I prefer a heavier leadline because I may use it to kind of throw some energy down the line, and heavier sends a feel better. However, of those posted so far, this it perhaps the best choice:

It is 10.5 feet long and snap is removeable.

Can i get that lead rope delivered in Australia ?
Just realised that there r only cheap lead ropes in the popular horseland stores and local stores down here in AUS.

OliviaMyee 12-20-2012 08:00 AM

ok woops im so lazy, i just read that i can get it internationally delivered. I think i might buy more than one lead rope so i have a spare pair, and think that if i buy in bulk i can save some money on the shipping.

OliviaMyee 12-20-2012 08:02 AM

Oooo i will have to buy one longer because i just started doing some groundwork and my lead rope needs to be long enough for my horse to lunge around me :) Good thinking tinyliny i do need a longer rope for groundwork, bareback riding and ect.