The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Finally video of us shipping cattle (and Dobe having fun) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/finally-video-us-shipping-cattle-dobe-147201/)

smrobs 12-19-2012 09:25 PM

Finally video of us shipping cattle (and Dobe having fun)

Okay, so I finally got a short video put together of us shipping cattle this fall. I get such a kick out of Dobe because he pins his ears and bites at any cow that gets too close to him or if they aren't moving fast enough when we're pushing them.

Unfortunately, this is all the video we've got because we didn't manage to get the camera out until we were loading the very last truck.

Anyway, enjoy :D.

Roperchick 12-19-2012 09:33 PM

Lol he really stretches that neck for a piece of beef eh? Haha

COWCHICK77 12-19-2012 09:48 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Cool!
I assume that is dad on Pokey bringing cattle and your brother on the red horse?

smrobs 12-19-2012 10:02 PM

Thanks. Hopefully next year (if we get cattle) I can get some better video.

Roper, he loves it. Every few minutes he's having to spit out hair where he scraped some off of one cow or another. A couple of years ago, he stripped an ear-clip out of a heifer that was determined to run him over to get past.

Chick, yep, that's Dad on Pokey and my brother on his colt Hefner.

COWCHICK77 12-19-2012 10:15 PM

50 Attachment(s)
You guys look like you work good together :)
and I love seeing Dobe getting a mouthful...tee he!
I was told that, when your young, you start in the back bringing cattle and work your way up to loading trucks, then when you get older you work your way to the back bringing cattle, again.
I always smile when I see an older man working the back, you know he has put in the years :)

smrobs 12-19-2012 10:22 PM

LOL, we ought to work good together, we've been doing it every summer with these cattle since about 1990...so I would have been 6. But, we used to have our own cattle so I was doing it as soon as I could ride. I remember starting when I was about 3 and riding Olen (picture me on a mini-burro pushing longhorn cows:rofl:).

I don't know about the working your way up and then back down, it's really only been the 3 of us and when I was a kid, it was just my responsibility to sit on the fence and make sure the count was right going on the truck. They use to load afoot and didn't want me to get stepped on. Even after I started helping, I insisted on staying on my horse after I got run over half a dozen times. It just evolved from there...and I'm glad. I'm clumsy and slow on my own 2 feet. On a horse, I'm much more efficient:lol:.

MHFoundation Quarters 12-19-2012 10:33 PM

Thanks for posting that Jen. I enjoyed watching Dobe, he certainly seems to enjoy himself :lol:

EthanQ 12-19-2012 10:39 PM

Lol. My Bob does the exact same. He bites at them, and when I occasionally use Buck to push the weanlings up the alley way to the doctorin chute, He will paw at the stranglers and dance with them. Looks kinda' cool, but I had to reprimand him for it, I don't support pawing on bit. I love your stout gray!

RiverBelle 12-23-2012 01:21 AM

I love to watch horses doing their job like this. Wonderful video! And I love to watch him biting the cattle on the butts. :)