The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Need help fitting cowboy boot - I can't decide what size to get (Ariat Heritage) (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/need-help-fitting-cowboy-boot-i-147351/)

wbz 12-21-2012 02:39 PM

Need help fitting cowboy boot - I can't decide what size to get (Ariat Heritage)

The question I'm about to ask may seem like a silly question with an obvious answer, but I just want to make sure that I am buying the right size boot (and yes... this is my first pair of 'real' cowboy boots! :-))

So that brings me to: how do you fit a cowboy boot, and does anyone have experience with the "Ariat Western Heritage R Toe" boot? (I have both looked online for boot fitting guides and searched the forum, but I haven't found quite the answer I''m looking for - ie. hopefully someone who has had this boot and can tell me about the fit/stretch/how their boot fit when they first got it)?

Essentially, I am trying to decide between a 6 or a 61/2. (Some background for the reason I'm not sure: I can get them both on, although since my feet are different sizes the 6 fits one foot better while the 61/2 fits the other foot better. The 6 I have to work a little harder to put on, and its pretty snug across the top of the foot in the arch area, but I'm not sure how much it will stretch. In both of them my heel raises up a little when I walk. My Ariat paddock boots that I currently own are a 6 1/2, but when I measure on the "Ariat size chart" it says I would be a 6. So If they DO stretch a little, I know the 6 will be better, but if they don't I'll go with the 6 1/2 - but how much they stretch is what I don't know, and need help with!)

I know, I know.. this seems like a ridiculous debate/question. I just want to make sure I get the right size since it's my first pair, and I'm pretty excited about it!

Thanks for any help/advice in advance!

Dreamcatcher Arabians 12-21-2012 02:42 PM

I find that in Ariat boots that don't lace, I take at least 1/2 size bigger than I would normally, they are very tight across the instep.

nickers103 12-21-2012 02:46 PM

Hello wbz,
Congrats on purchasing your first pair of "real" cowboy boots. You are gonna love them! As an owner of roughly 10 different pairs (all different brands and varieties), I can assure you that you will find many different occasions to wear the Ariat Heritage boot! I find that the Ariat brand tends to run pretty uniform and doesn't stretch a whole lot (at least for mine, anyway). If you own a pair of Ariat paddock boots in a size 6 1/2, that would be what I would recommend you get in the Heritage series. I am a consistent 9B (B just refers to regular) by them. Hope this little bit helps and best of luck in making your decision! Enjoy them!

tinyliny 12-21-2012 02:50 PM

Well, I found that my ariat heritage boots did stretch, and especially in the arch area. They won't stretch much for your toes, so if your toes are cramped, go larger,but if there is some pressure down on your arch, this WILL stretch some and is realy what holds a cowboy boot on your foot. If the amount of tightness is in any way painful, tho, then go larger. it wont' stretch THAT much.

2muchcoffeeman 01-02-2013 12:10 AM

All the Ariat boots I've ever seen have been steel-toed, so they certainly wouldn't stretch there.
Posted via Mobile Device