The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Mooching elder sibling... What would you do? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/mooching-elder-sibling-what-would-you-147372/)

TerciopeladoCaballo 12-21-2012 06:59 PM

Mooching elder sibling... What would you do?

Long story short, my elder sibling is a young adult (early twenties), and she's a complete mooch. We all, four daughters, live on a farmhouse with our parents, we're all expected to fend for ourselves on the farm and get butchering/feeding/breeding business done on our own from the variuos farm animals. The eldest sister doesn't do crud. She blames our parents for all her problems and, though she expects us to provide for her, is completely ungrateful and the words "thank you" never come out of her mouth. She originally wanted to elope with a bummy bf, didn't turn out, then wanted to live with friends. My parents said no way, get a job or go to college. She's always irrate and mean to the younger sisters, outright disrespectful to our parents, and makes huge messes in the house without making any effort to clean it. She's always FBing her "friends" and starving for pity/approval. She'll say, "Get me my scholarship, then." and complain that she could leave any minute and she's sick of us. The problem is that we happen to care for this leech. She did not graduate, get her permit (still doesn't have license), or apply for jobs herself. Our mother did everything for her and never got a single thank you. I know, I know, she's a jerk, but, family...

What would you do? Kick her out at a bus stop or McDonalds?

AlexS 12-21-2012 09:47 PM

It's not your decision to kick here out, and no I don't think your parents should. It might be time for her to get an apartment with their assistance if they can afford this.

How old is she?

It's quite likely that you or your sisters will go through this a$$hole stage too sooner or later. Most teens do.