The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   Equilibrium supplements...anyone use them? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/equilibrium-supplements-anyone-use-them-147414/)

LaYuqwam111 12-22-2012 06:19 AM

Equilibrium supplements...anyone use them?

hey everyone,
so when we went to pick up feed from the local produce store today, they gave us a sample of equilibrium mineral mix and B1 cool mix. we looked into it and it seems that it may help our mare who we havent been able to get much weight on. we are thinking of trying giving it to her for 2 weeks to see what the results are like. so i was wondering, has anyone used this product and if so, what have the results been like?

thanks,
Kayla x

verona1016 12-26-2012 02:50 PM

I'm not familiar with that particular product, but whether or not it would be useful would depend a lot on what your horse is already getting. Is she already on a vitamin/mineral supplement, ration balancer, or fortified grain? How much hay or grazing does she get, and do you have an analysis for the nutritional content of it?

LaYuqwam111 12-26-2012 06:20 PM

she is getting copra and pony pellets currently. she gets grazing 24/7 and gets hay in the mornings.

verona1016 12-26-2012 07:15 PM

If the pellets (pony pellets = fortified grain?) aren't fulfilling her nutritional needs then the Equilibrium might help, but it might be cheaper and easier for you to switch to a higher quality feed that does meet all her nutritional requirements instead.

LaYuqwam111 12-26-2012 08:55 PM

thanks. we may end up doing that, depending on how the suppliments go. they were free samples, so we figured its worth the shot trying them.

wylie01 12-27-2012 07:08 AM

2weeks is not enough of a trial for Equilibrium. I use Equilibrium yellow for all my horses its cheap enough in their big bags. Good shiny coats!

Mine however get pony pellets and either oats or barley and round bales