The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Covered Arena Questions!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ksmith454 
#1 ·
We are planning on making a covered arena out of steel buildings, as my dad sells them. The largest covered building they sell is a 30' X 50'. If we put two 30' X 50' covered buildings together it would give me a total arena of 30' X 100'. It would cost us about $20,000. My first question is: would this size arena be usable to ride in the winter? And my second question is: do you know of any cheaper way to go about it? Thank You so much, any advice would be appreciated :).
Posted via Mobile Device

#6 ·
The smallest indoor horse arena that you can ride comfortably in that I've seen is 60'x120'.

As far as price, don't be surprised at how much it costs...materials and labor are both expensive these days. Also, a big factor is your weather, e.g. how much wind and/or snow load is there. A building that size has a lot of roof to support.
Having built pole barns in the last couple years ourselves, I don't see how you could build anything for less than $5/sq ft doing all the labor yourself, so 60'x120' puts it in the $36,000+ range. You don't want to cut (too many) corners on the construction or you'll be paying for it on maintenance/repair costs in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.