The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Do you ever get the urge to play "dress up"? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/do-you-ever-get-urge-play-147699/)

Deschutes 12-25-2012 09:14 PM

Do you ever get the urge to play "dress up"?

This entire week I have been just ITCHING to play with Chance's pretty mane and tail. Plus he's just so... Dirty! After a nice long session, I totally wanna just groom the heck out of him!

Brushing, braiding, and just making him look like a pretty horse, rather than a dirt stained rag muffin.

If I can help it, I might bring the girls out too for some grooming seeing as they haven't been brushed for a while and they are starting to look a little grungy. Taking the saddlebred out is going to be a paaaaain... But I might just have to halter her, and see if she will ground tie for me.

Anywho. Chance likes to knot up his hair from rubbing (naughty boy!) So he gets these dread locks that look bleck. Are their any ways of getting his hair nice and pretty and detangled without spending a bunch of money? I'm already going to get some brushes and tomorra imma go to aislin and finch and see what they have for brushes!

Also, here's a picture of the three amigos. (Shooter is hiding behind Tana, the chestnut. Chance is the white one)

Deschutes 12-25-2012 09:20 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2gtr97b.jpg

SorrelHorse 12-25-2012 09:30 PM

Show sheen works, Mane N' Tail conditioner too. Relatively inexpensive, then just work it out with a comb.

DancingArabian 12-25-2012 10:36 PM

Cowboy magic works too, but so would plain old regular conditioner.
Posted via Mobile Device

Poco1220 12-25-2012 10:38 PM

I use generic cooking spray to work knots out lol. It's always worked for me!
Posted via Mobile Device

Deschutes 12-25-2012 10:44 PM

Yay!

Part of me just wants to braid him all up with ribbons and make him pretty... That and I think I'm going through a crazy cleaning spurt. I want to clean alllll the dirty bridles and bits.

Oxer 12-25-2012 11:33 PM

Okay truth be told, I'm a grown up and yet i've ALWAYS wanted to put glitter paint on my horses hooves. That being said, when i "jokingly" asked the farrier about it, he turned to me with his "i'm going to throw up" face on and said: "if you put glitter on your geldings hooves, i'm going to charge you $60 extra to rasp that s**t off!"

sinsin4635 12-25-2012 11:59 PM

[COLOR="Blue"Baby oil works great & if its really bad i've used WD-40.[/COLOR]

Deschutes 12-26-2012 12:10 AM

Haha! Poor farrier!!

I am seriously thinking of getting some horse safe dye and making him look BADASS!

Pony war paint, anyone?
It was either that or turn him into a girly unicorn... His neigh is so high pitched, he sounds more girly than the mares! I'd be down for painting his hooves pink and a bit of his mane and tail...

Pattilou 12-26-2012 12:35 AM

Here is a way to dress up your horses hooves !