The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cars and Trucks (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/)
-   -   Definitely a Rant... (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/definitely-rant-147724/)

Iseul 12-26-2012 10:00 AM

Definitely a Rant...

My car will not turnover..So much for my trip to the barn..

I cant even understand why. Im not super knowledgable on cars ( I specilize in horses, lol), but I really cant see a reason as to why it wont start..Nothing leaked last night, nothings hanging, no one did anything to it, and the oil seems fine (hopefully I checked it right, lol).

Im really bummed..and my mum's going to try and kill me like it's my fault. I don't even know what to do...Like, I fear for my life basically. I start a new job wednesday and have nonother transportation than that car..Not to mention that car is my pride and joy..

I dont have money for a new car, I dont have money to get it fixed if it isnt under warranty, etc..I dont know what ill do with myself if I cant get it fixed..
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 12-26-2012 10:04 AM

One possible reason, cold kills a Battery.

How old is the Battery? If it is 3 or 4 years old, the cold may have finished it off.

Jake and Dai 12-26-2012 10:04 AM

I don't know much about cars myself and I'm sure other more knowledgeable people will chime in.

But it sounds like your battery is dead. Which is easily fixed.

Iseul 12-26-2012 10:13 AM

The battery shouldnt be too old, the dealership told us it had a new battery, tires, and brakes when my mum bought it at the end of June and it was run until mid-july when I graduated.

Even if it's just the battery...
I swear, life's out to get me this whole month..lol
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 12-26-2012 10:14 AM

Does your car make the chugging sound like its trying to start but doesn't turn over or does it make a sad sighing noise when you turn the key? Does it do something else?

It is most likely the battery in which case getting a jump should fix it for a while. If getting a jp gets you started I would head to the auto store and buy a new battery. They can run some simple tests on the battery and cables for you too. The connectors could just need a good cleaning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 12-26-2012 10:16 AM

My mum told me that no ones allowed to touch it because Nissans are apparently touchy and if it doesnt get jumped perfectly it'll screw something up..I cant see how getting a jump is that difficult though. I literally have $6 in my bank account and no card to charge it on..
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 12-26-2012 10:17 AM

Oh, and it's making a chugging/clicking sound when I try to start it..
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrelWannabe 12-26-2012 10:21 AM

What does your battery gauge show? Could possibly be that your alternator is out or having difficulties charging your battery.

If it still wants to start/click over, you may be in luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 12-26-2012 10:22 AM

How would I check the battery gauge? I didnt even realize you could do that..lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 12-26-2012 10:23 AM

Btw, just for reference, I have an 06 Nissan Altima 2.5SE
Posted via Mobile Device