The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   What breed do you think she is? And yalls opinion on this mare? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/what-breed-do-you-think-she-147747/)

Osca 12-26-2012 01:54 PM

What breed do you think she is? And yalls opinion on this mare?

5 Attachment(s)
Well this a my horse beauty.. she is very gentle and protective towards me.. Would yall help me on what kind of breed she might be and if she is any good??

DraftyAiresMum 12-26-2012 01:58 PM

She looks maybe quarterhorse/morgan. Looks like a sweetheart. Maybe a touch long in the back, but hard to tell from those pics.

I do feel the need to ask: do you have her tied above her head by the bit? O.o
Posted via Mobile Device

Tianimalz 12-26-2012 02:06 PM

She must be pretty calm to not have hung herself yet. O.o;

Also not sure what you mean by "is she any good"?

Osca 12-26-2012 02:07 PM

Many people have told me she is a thorougbred.. she is a very fast horse and yeah i do have her tied but its not forced on the bit i just had her like that due to i was about to ride :D and well i wanted to take her some pictures..

churumbeque 12-26-2012 02:13 PM

I was so shocked by the way she is tied I didn't look at her. That is very dangerous and not sure what you are thinking "or not" is my guess.

deserthorsewoman 12-26-2012 02:19 PM

All it takes is a spook and your beauty has a very bloody mouth and you can forget riding her for quite a while........

churumbeque 12-26-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 1814740)
All it takes is a spook and your beauty has a very bloody mouth and you can forget riding her for quite a while........

I don't even think it would take a spook it could easily start to get twisted around and rear and hurt itself badly in a struggle

deserthorsewoman 12-26-2012 02:31 PM

The "spook" is easier to imagine;-)

Osca 12-26-2012 06:59 PM

She is not hanging.. Their a little pieces of wood in other side of tree were the reins are hanging onto..in case of any little spook or movement they will fall.. :)

FeatheredFeet 12-26-2012 09:56 PM

Can't really tell much by the pictures, Osca. You need to have someone stand holding her, and set her up four square, to the camera. How long have you owned her? Do you know anything about her background at all? How old is she?

And as others have said, never, ever, tie or hang reins over anything, when attached to a bit. It's a good way to have a serious accident.

Lizzie