The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Prayers for Reed (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/prayers-reed-147791/)

WSArabians 12-26-2012 09:17 PM

Prayers for Reed

4 Attachment(s)
Tonight my six year old stallion MS Aurelius (Reed) got kicked and is suffering from severe penial trauma. Due to being too swollen he couldn't pull it into his sheath and even just being hours old he already had some frostbite.
He is in a warm barn now on bute for pain and inflamation and antibiotics for infection and I'm praying damage was minimal.
He is in a lot of pain, but is being a real trooper. I went out with my broken leg and hip in my walker and he never thought once of acting out. Even while we moved tarps and hammered a make shift stall in my tack room, he stood calmly beside me. He truly has a golden heart.
Many thanks to Tiffanny and George Fehr of Fehr Ground Ranch for helping him - making a belly band and a stall.
Now we wait. Get well, my beautiful boy. :-(

farmpony84 12-26-2012 09:21 PM

Poor guy. I'm a chick and I want to hug boy parts just reading that. Was he breeding when some prude kicked him?

Inga 12-26-2012 09:21 PM

My goodness when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I hope the swolling goes down and he heals quickly and behaves himself in his new stall. He really is a handsome boy.

Inga 12-26-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1815360)
Poor guy. I'm a chick and I want to hug boy parts just reading that. Was he breeding when some prude kicked him?

Ha Ha That sounds.... funny, but I know what you are saying.

tinyliny 12-26-2012 09:37 PM

YOu have had far more than your share of troubles lately. Hopefully, that's three years worth right there and you'll be home free for a long time now.

farmpony84 12-26-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inga (Post 1815366)
Ha Ha That sounds.... funny, but I know what you are saying.

:oops: I promise not to grab any random boy parts! :shock: The blonde in me always shines through!!!:oops:

AlexS 12-26-2012 09:49 PM

Sending prayers for him, he is so beautiful.

And of course that's the fighting spirit from you. Who else in their right mind would go out on a walker with hammer and nails.

Healing wishes for both of you.

Country Woman 12-26-2012 09:50 PM

I pray that Reed heals his boy parts
awe poor boy
he is very handsome

WSArabians 12-26-2012 09:51 PM

Thank you everyone.
He was housed with my older mares and one must have got him. Neither are cycling so it was just horses being horses.
I sure hope this is it - talking to vet on the phone at first it sounded like surgery was needed but he would never breed again. Right now we're waiting for the swelling to go down and see how much tissue damage there is. Surgery might be needed.
I had my big melt down, crying fit.. I'm already emotionally taxed dealing with everything post accident and this... I'm just praying he makes it okay. I'm not sure how much stronger I can be.

AlexS 12-26-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1815414)
I had my big melt down, crying fit.. I'm already emotionally taxed dealing with everything post accident and this... I'm just praying he makes it okay. I'm not sure how much stronger I can be.

You will be as strong as you need to be. You are just in the sit, wait and worry stage right now, and that sucks for anyone.