The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (
-   -   christmas mini my first ever (

crisco41 12-26-2012 10:25 PM

christmas mini my first ever
5 Attachment(s)
I got a mini for christmas. She is such a love bug. She is a 7 yr old silver dapple that is about 32.75 inches and ANHR registerable.. I am now in love with minis.
I have always prety much had the big horses. I decided when I got too old for my big girls I would have a mini someday. Well I am old, but not too old yet, so now I have the best of both worlds.
Did I mention she is bred.? We have no due date so I will be just guessing as we go. It will be my first mini baby and my first foal in about 18 years.
Just wanted to share with other mini lovers. I know she is not show worthy but she is mine as will the baby be. So please don't go wild on conformation. I have seen it in another post and I am here to share my excitement, not get a critique on her build nor a lecture on breeding non showable horses.
I am pleased with her.

littrella 12-26-2012 10:37 PM

I think she's cute. Keep us updated on baby progress!

Casey02 12-26-2012 10:45 PM

I think she is darling but the bald patches kind of worry me :/ ?

crisco41 12-26-2012 11:00 PM

she only got bald patches when she escaped the first day into the burrs and while I was shaving her face I lightly shaved out the burrs. I was happy to because I got to see some of her silver dapples!
she is fine..just a shaving happy mom

kassierae 12-26-2012 11:07 PM

Oh she is lovely! Congrats and welcome to the world of minis, and be prepared, they are like potato chips!

Casey02 12-26-2012 11:21 PM

I am a shave happy mom too! lad to hear she is ok :)

crisco41 12-27-2012 03:04 AM

i'll probably be asking many questions about this one. Foaling will be a big one right now..and later cart training! I sure have been enjoyingher. I should have mini'd up years ago

Cacowgirl 12-27-2012 08:10 PM

She's a cutie & now you'll have the adventure of having a new foal, at some point. We've sure had some long foal threads here-haha.

Endiku 12-27-2012 08:43 PM

What a pretty girl! Just a bit of forewarning, miniatures are notorious for having a hard time foaling, so have a good vet and supplies ready for when its time! You'll have so much fun cart training her and teaching the baby. I know that I have.

Red Cedar Farm 12-27-2012 09:16 PM

Congratulations on your new girl! She's so stinkin' cute! Can't wait to see the little one she has....definitely keep us updated!