The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Breeches that are more flattering? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/breeches-more-flattering-147795/)

Alyssa 12-26-2012 09:28 PM

Breeches that are more flattering?

I have been blessed with my bottom being out of proportion with my legs and waist. My current breeches (bargain value- $32 tough rider) make my butt look massive. :-( Anyone aware of breeches that would be show appropriate and disguise my booty? I was checking out taylored sportsman breeches, which have a wider belt which would be slimming, but am not sure how they look from the back.

I know it seems silly, but I am a fashionista outside of the show ring, and would like to look my best in it.

pinkjumperboots 12-27-2012 02:59 PM

I love my toughriders, but I have also been into the 2-tone color breeches! I think they would help you out, as I find they did for me :) just my opinion though!

oh vair oh 12-27-2012 03:22 PM

Tailored Sportsmans make anyone look amazing. Mine have thicker fabric, which seems to be more supportive than the spandex-like cheaper breeches. They are a great investment.

Alyssa 12-27-2012 06:47 PM

Thanks for the help!

PintoJumper 12-27-2012 08:46 PM

equine couture makes really nice show breeches too. very comparable to my tailored sportsmans

goingnowhere1 12-28-2012 09:23 PM

I'd try a few pants from the Kerrits line. When fitted correctly many if the comftorable squeeze your body to get rid of any unflattering lines.

countercanter 12-31-2012 10:56 AM

Tailored Sportsmans might work for you, I would also check out some of Ariats different styles. I have a few pairs of Equine Couture breeches too and have been pleased with them as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

kavalon 01-04-2013 12:29 AM

The most flattering riding pants are riding tights as they are very tight :) Lol. But as for breeches I really love the Tailored Sportsmans they are very very good looking :) but if you want to go with riding tights I would go with the performance tights from Kerrits or Irideon Issential Riding Tights. Also the Ariat Heritage Knee Patch breeches are awesome :) hope this helps!

MelissaAnn 01-24-2013 09:12 AM

tailored sportsmen tailored sportsmen tailored sportsmen! love love love love love them. They make me look the best out of all the pants I own! They are pricey but hold up well, so if you find a pair used, they will still last a long time! I wish I could wear them to work but my boss has a horse and he knows what breeches are. ha!

LexusK 01-24-2013 05:13 PM

Tailored Sportsman make great breeches, but can be costly. I have a really nice pair of full seat tough riders that I got 1 size too small (on purpose) and my bottom looks half decent in them! They are also very comfortable.