The Horse Forum banner

New Drawing!

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  JessXxX 
#1 ·
Ok so this is Creampuff's little guy Bamber he is just the cutest little man and I kept saying to myself (and Creampuff lol) that I was gonna draw him and I finally got round to it, as you can see it's no where near finished yet but I've made a good start :) Let me know what you think very open to critique!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you all very much I really appreciate your comments :)

#9 ·
Thank you very much Tinyliny and Flintlock it really means a lot coming from you guys! :)

Just wondering, anything anything to improve on so far?

#12 ·
Thank you very much! Yeah I thought it needed more contrast to darkened it up a little the other day will post a new scan soon :D

#17 ·
GallopingGuitarist: Thank you very much! I still have a long way to go though but I'm only 17 so there's still time :)

TinyLiny: Nope drawn on normal sketch paper I drew the grid out myself to help with proportions a lot of artists use the technique like Maria D'Angelo if you've heard of her? Anyhoo the grid will all be gone when it's finished :)

#19 ·
Love it! Wish I had the patience to work on the same drawing for more than a week, haha.
I applaud your skill with drawing out the grid, even with a drawing ruler (the ones that have the T on the end to make sure the line is perfectly horizontal) my lines go crooked. XD
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 ·
CaitlinPalomino: Thanks very much :) Yeah grids are more accurate.

Iseul: Thank you! Yeah I'm surprised I've managed to keep up with this one. What I do to keep my grids relatively straight I'll decide my square size then map out dots at the top and bottom of the page and join them up that makes the lines relatively straight :) ooh I've never heard of a drawing ruler might have to get one haha

#21 ·
The drawing ruler is more for CAD drawings, but Ive found my horizon line is actually straight (if im doing that type of drawing) and my ground line (horse side shot for "imaginary confo" lol). We use to do a dot for every inch of paper and then connect them, but I swear our art paper was crooked..I never got not one line straight, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 ·
Mine can be a little bit crooked they're definitely not totally straight but a few millimeters here or there doesn't make too much difference xD

#26 ·
Horsesdon'tlie: Yeah he does look very huggable! Thank you :)

Wess: Thanks very much I have to say I am quite pleased my best drawing to date but still more to improve on! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.