The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Western show apparel to match brown hat (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/western-show-apparel-match-brown-hat-148016/)

SnowCowgirl 12-28-2012 11:55 PM

Western show apparel to match brown hat

Wrong section :)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 12-28-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowCowgirl (Post 1818554)
So, my cowboy hat is brown. Not sure why I ever decided to go with brown, but I did lol. I don't really want to buy another one.

My mare is bay, and I also have a royal blue saddle blanket already. My tack is all dark oil.

We only show at the local level currently, and I'm trying to figure out how the heck to at least somewhat match my stuff together. I haven't shown since I was under 18, and at that age I had to wear a helmet so didn't worry have to worry about matching to my hat. Do I need to try and find dark brown pants to match the hat?

I'd LIKE to stick with a blue shirt to match my pad, but I could also get a different colored pad. I've been sort of thinking that beiges or creams would go well with brown.

SO MUCH THOUGHT UGHHH

Why not go with sand colored pants & chaps, a royal shirt with some brown accents to tie in with your hat? Light colored hats are kind of the fashion right now, so you might want to look into one eventually.

SnowCowgirl 12-29-2012 05:43 PM

Haha thanks for the reply even though I deleted the post!

Where I am, there isn't as much emphasis on current fashion. Probably 75% of the hats you see in the ring are black, and I don't know if I've ever seen pants colored other than black. Maybe occasionally, but black is farrrrr more common..

Thinking about a royal blue shirt with brown accents, and brown chaps.

Don't know why the heck I ever went for a BROWN hat. I mean, I wear it lots outside the show ring but still :p