The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique my horse? Help me! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-my-horse-help-me-148115/)

ItsNOWandFOREVER 12-29-2012 05:33 PM

Critique my horse? Help me!

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/...878_n.jpg?dl=1

Not sure if this picture works or
Not... Im new to this forum and im not really sure how to post pictures or like or comment or anything for that matter! Anyway, id like to know what i can do to improve my horses looks! Conformation wise or mane and tail etc.. He is a 2006 tb gelding. 17 hands. He is my baby and i love him so so much. He makes me feel so safe! Hes really calm under saddle and a total love bug! I want to show him but im not sure if i should ahow him english or western or what!? Im kinda new to riding as well so i really need tips! Just let me know if the picture didnt work and ill just repost this or try to get a pic up! Help lol!

Ellieandrose 12-29-2012 05:37 PM

I'm no confirmation expert but he has a long back.
Posted via Mobile Device

ItsNOWandFOREVER 12-29-2012 05:39 PM

Thanks i didnt even notice that! Is that a bad thing?:/

ItsNOWandFOREVER 12-29-2012 06:00 PM

Id like to know if basically hes good looking. Hes not clean and hes fuzzy lol. Does he look more of an english or western horse.? Also does anything seem odd to you? Like hocks or back or legs? Is he overweight?

Misty'sGirl 12-29-2012 06:00 PM

I think he'd look super in English tack, doing low level dressage or general showing. Stunning in colour, but I'm still learning at conformation.

Elana 12-29-2012 06:02 PM

this horse has a nearly perfect hind leg. He has a nice shoulder and his neck is set on correctly (neither high nor low). He has plenty of bone and a correct rront leg (not tied in at the knee.. and straight). He has enough rear end to be able to drive him forward and he looks pretty level.

His weakness is his LOOONG back.. and long coupling. This will make it difficult for him to collect and difficult for him to be scopey over jumps. He would benefit from lots of trotting on a long rein up long hills with his rider in a 2 point. This will need to be continued for his life and will vastly improve his ability to collect and use his "ring of muscles."

Nice horse. Really.

ItsNOWandFOREVER 12-29-2012 06:03 PM

Thank you:) if only i could get him to extend his trot or learn to balance himself. He was just recently trained 30 days so i guess its just practice and time:)

Elana 12-29-2012 06:03 PM

BTW I see him doing English.. probably dressage and some low level jumping. Maybe even eventing.

Elana 12-29-2012 06:04 PM

Check this out. At 30 days he is just a kindergarten kid with a long way to 1st grade.

What does 'on the bit' really mean?

ItsNOWandFOREVER 12-29-2012 06:05 PM

Thanks for the advice:) it really helps a lot.