The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Driving (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/)
-   -   Does Anyone Recognize This Manufacturer? (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/does-anyone-recognize-manufacturer-148174/)

BornToRun 12-30-2012 05:12 AM

Does Anyone Recognize This Manufacturer?

3 Attachment(s)
Just curious about the maker of this cutter. I don't know who had it before, just that it's been sitting in a barn for over fifteen years until it was sold to my grandfather. I can't seem to find anything about the manufacturer. It's a WM. Anderson made in Wooler, ON.

michaelvanessa 12-30-2012 06:25 AM

cutter

no sorry have you tryed googleing it or is there a book of canadian carrage builders that mite point you in the right direction.
its a beautiful cutter and your turnout looks awesome in the snow it looks like you had great fun with them.
i wish i had ssnow and a cutter here id make my own christmass cards with the pictures.
many thanks for shareing your pictures.

BornToRun 12-30-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelvanessa (Post 1820377)
no sorry have you tryed googleing it or is there a book of canadian carrage builders that mite point you in the right direction.
its a beautiful cutter and your turnout looks awesome in the snow it looks like you had great fun with them.
i wish i had ssnow and a cutter here id make my own christmass cards with the pictures.
many thanks for shareing your pictures.

I've typed everything I could think of into google and came up dry. I don't even know where I'd start with books! Thank you, yes it was a lot of fun. First time they've been hooked up to the cutter!

Left Hand Percherons 12-30-2012 11:12 AM

I would contact Carson's. Auction houses are a wealth of information. They'll know something about the manufacturer. Nice setup.

Taffy Clayton 12-30-2012 11:20 AM

Beautiful!!!!! Makes me want to be there.

You might the Carriage Association of America. they might be able to help or send you in the right direction.

Taffy Clayton 12-30-2012 11:27 AM

What kind of horses are those? They look very nice with the sleigh.
Any side photos?

BornToRun 12-30-2012 11:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks Taffy, I'll try them!
Haha, those two have a bit of a funny story. They were in a herd of about 30 to 40 horses. All of them were pretty much raised like beef cows, with numerous stallions running around. Never had a halter on them, never had any kind of human contact, until my grandfather bought them. They're half brothers, their names are Bill and Ben. I see quite a bit of Shetland in them. They're only about 10, maybe 11 hands.

Taffy Clayton 12-30-2012 05:05 PM

Never would have thought they were Shetlands, Thought they were Fiord crosses. They are darling. Amazing that they went from never being handled to driving, Good Job to Grandpa!

BornToRun 12-30-2012 05:35 PM

Yeah, it's just my unprofessional guess, virtually they could be anything. Hm, yes darling, their looks are deceiving, they're naughty little buggers!

Taffy Clayton 12-30-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 1821012)
Yeah, it's just my unprofessional guess, virtually they could be anything. Hm, yes darling, their looks are deceiving, they're naughty little buggers!

They must be Shetlands because nothing is naughtier than a Shetland pony !:lol: