The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stolen Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/)
-   -   Missing black kwpn Gelding last reported to be donated to a therapeutic riding. (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/missing-black-kwpn-gelding-last-reported-148232/)

Danielle22 12-30-2012 07:33 PM

Missing black kwpn Gelding last reported to be donated to a therapeutic riding.

1 Attachment(s)
Please Help Find Pompadour. he is a16 year old 16.3 hand tall Dutch Warmblood gelding with a fine build. almost pony sized head with a very friendly personalty he was on lay up when he was "donated" by someone that was not the owner. he has a star and a snip and four white socks. he has a large scar running down his face from a accident he had at lay up before he was "given" away. he is my baby and i Just want to know where is and hopefully bring him home.

Speed Racer 12-30-2012 07:40 PM

Have you contacted Netposse? They've been instrumental in helping reunite horses and owners.

Danielle22 12-31-2012 10:23 PM

yes I just found them last night online hoping that if i keep poking ill get lucky.

Barrelracer00 01-01-2013 08:11 PM

He's a real pretty boy! Your in NY, right? I used to work at a therapeutic riding center up there. The owner there seemed like she ALWAYS knew what was going on :) I can call her and ask if she's ever heard or seen of him if you want?

Cat 01-01-2013 09:41 PM

Good luck getting him back!

churumbeque 01-02-2013 10:22 AM

Sounds like you have some information. I think?? Press charges for theft against the person who "donated" him. They should tell you were he was donated to and if it is a rescue of some sort they will have records of where he went.

Danielle22 01-04-2013 09:38 AM

The man that did this is a Fairier. so you can imagine he travels around a bit if you could speak to your friend and let her know i would be very greatful. the girl that worked for him is very upset about my horse and a horse he starved to death that was put down right before Pompadour was "Donated". i want to get the horse back then this man is gonna pay legally for his crimes against these poor horses. I was woarned but he is a good con and totally fooled me into believing pomp was safe with him. Pomp was a Very Nice show horse before this happened.

66Domino 01-04-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle22 (Post 1828239)
The man that did this is a Fairier. so you can imagine he travels around a bit if you could speak to your friend and let her know i would be very greatful. the girl that worked for him is very upset about my horse and a horse he starved to death that was put down right before Pompadour was "Donated". i want to get the horse back then this man is gonna pay legally for his crimes against these poor horses. I was woarned but he is a good con and totally fooled me into believing pomp was safe with him. Pomp was a Very Nice show horse before this happened.

Apologies if this is too personal but did you owe him any money and was there any type of contract? You state he is KWPN so he is branded, correct?
Even at his age, a branded Dutch horse is quite valuable. This may be considered grand theft.

As a farrier this fellow should be easy to locate. Go to the authorities immediately and bring your proof of ownership. If you are a minor bring your parents. If you have photos of you with the horse, bring those too. Contact all vets within driving area and ask if they are willing to post pictures of your horse - tack and feed stores too.

My heart breaks for you. I hope you're reunited with your friend.
Posted via Mobile Device

Danielle22 01-05-2013 10:12 AM

there was no contract only verbal. I purchased food and supplies for the horse and told him anything he needed would be provided in exchange for letting him lay up. when i wanted to pick him up is when he demanded 60,000.00 for full training he had to put my horse in and special shoes. the vet wanted my horse barefoot for the recovery period. during this time he would not let me see the horse. thats when I thought he had me. i believed all of it. then one of the girls that worked for him called me and told me what really was going on and that my horse was in terrible shape and had been kicked in the face and thats why he didnt want me to see him. and he thought my family would come up with the cash my father was very wealthy for years and lost it all I was paying all the bills myself. since we are so attached to Pomps even lame he is worth alot to me I raised that horse. so he Claimed he needed to auction him to recover what he spent i offered him 10,000 to cover any expenses and to get my boy back but he said no and proceeded with the fake auction. according to ct law he could do that. so i thought pomp was long gone. then the girl told me he was donated since they lamed him even worse then before. they didnt even have a ring to ride in it was a back yard opperation. and he had a 14 year old girl jumping him over logs ( that was the full training) and she really hurt him he was a dressage horse. and even though he can jump he was never really any good.

Danielle22 01-05-2013 10:20 AM

and yes he is branded. I have usdf cards coggins reports and his passport. and countless show records since 2004 if you google him im the only rider he has had in the show ring in the united states.