The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Riding goals for 2013 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/riding-goals-2013-a-148244/)

Rachel1786 12-30-2012 09:10 PM

Riding goals for 2013

I didn't see any threads about this when I searched, so I'm starting one :lol:

What are your riding goals for next year? My lovely SO got me a riding package to the dressage barn I've wanted to take lessons at for a while(yes I had to tell him what to get me, he is not that good:lol:) I had taken a few lessons there with my friend and really learned a lot. Now I have 10 paid for lessons :-).

My goal this year is to master circles(learned at my lesson that I SUCK at them) and go to my first dressage show(I've never showed so it will just be my first show). At this time my going is just to score well on a school horse, but depending on how I progress, I may change that to my horse. My other goal is to at some point have my horse trailered to the dressage barn to take a lesson on her. At this point I'm not ready for that as she is hard to handle at new locations, but I plan on working on that.

So what are your riding goals for next year?

TheLauren 12-30-2012 09:25 PM

Those are some great goals.

I want to start leasing a horse. I have been speaking to someone about a potential horse, and hopefully we get that underway.

I plan to improve my canter, start jumping, and attend my first show!

DraftyAiresMum 12-30-2012 09:31 PM

My goals are to get Aires to the point where we can enter a few of the local schooling shows and to find somewhere to take English lessons so that Aires and I can start learning to jump in 2014.
Posted via Mobile Device

countrylove 12-30-2012 09:53 PM

My goal is to get Comet in shape and rack up some miles on the trail :)
Posted via Mobile Device

KissTheRing 12-30-2012 09:59 PM

Seriously showing!

Arab Shows--- Ovi in Amature. I want to take as many blues as I can earn- I think 2013 is my starting year for winning! I've been sizing up my competion for a long time. and now I think I can actually compete against them! Im super excited

I also plan on getting into western- hopefully with a gorgeous paint?

Breella 12-30-2012 10:03 PM

My goal is to get someone, anyone (even if it isn't me) onto Topaz and ride him around.

I need to find someone brave, as I've seen him buck off the last two people who got on him. (though they were harsh with him and he wasn't feeling well at that time)

WSArabians 12-30-2012 10:17 PM

Well, after playing chicken with a semi and ending up with a broken hip and leg and arm, I'm just hoping to get back IN the saddle, let alone accomplish anything other then planting my butt on a horse. LOL

BarrelRacingLvr 12-30-2012 11:25 PM

I have a few goals....

I want to run in the top of the 1D more consistently with JJ this year. I want to also keep our barrels quick and snappy, sorta slacked on a couple drills this year that slowed down our turns some. I also want to get our first barrel perfect 95% of our runs. Run at a couple more Ammy and Pro Rodeos this year.

I want to get Scrat running in the 2D-3D this year and get our stuff figured out and sharpen a few things up on the pattern. Enter him in more races.

I want to get Zoey (formally Known as Polly) fully comfortable and relaxed at races also want to haul her more and get her running 4D times.

I also want to get the 3 young horses sent and started (might start one of them personally since we shouldn't be to busy).

And a couple personal goals for myself is to have a little more confidence in myself as intend to not give myself enough credit. And to listen to my mom more....I have to stop being such a $hit head and fight and challange everything she suggests. Because she has trained a lot of barrel horses so knows what she is talking about, especially when you told by two NFR qualifiers to listen to her more lol.

So those are some off my goals I think I have them all. I did pretty good this year for goals so looking forward to 2013 season :)

JustWingIt 12-30-2012 11:54 PM

My goal for 2013 is to get out showing a lot with my boy...I plan on doing two a month. Oh and racking the jumps up to around 3'9" would be pretty chill...then I could enter open jumpers:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thunderspark 12-31-2012 01:11 AM

I don't show but trail ride.....my goal is to get out more in 2013 than I did this year. I have lots of friends that I ride with and rode 3-4 times a week. I would like to do it more next year and alot more horse camping trips with my DH (who doesn't ride but enjoys camping).
The shortest ride we did this year is about 6 or 7 miles and the longest was over 20 miles.......hope to do more in 2013!!!!