The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   hilason tack? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/hilason-tack-148434/)

Lins 01-01-2013 12:19 PM

hilason tack?

So I've been looking for a tack set and have been having a hard time finding what I want in a headstall, without being crazily overpriced. I found the perfect one, made by Hilason. Buuut being that its very inexpensive, I googled the brand and found nothing but terrible reviews about Hilason brand saddles and customer service. However, nothing was mentioned about the quality of their tack sets.

So I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lins 01-01-2013 07:38 PM

No one?
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 01-01-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lins (Post 1824288)
No one?
Posted via Mobile Device

As the old saying goes: you get what you pay for :wink:

Cruiser 01-01-2013 07:59 PM

Run and run fast from what I've seen of their tack.

Lins 01-01-2013 09:48 PM

That's too bad, I love this set

HILASON WESTERN LEATHER HORSE ONE EAR BRIDLE HEADSTALL BREAST COLLAR METALLIC GREY LEATHER INLAY W/ CROSS GUN CONCHOS Bling Show Headstall Breastcollar Set: BHPA281CN059
Posted via Mobile Device

Cat 01-01-2013 10:02 PM

I had found some hilason stuff I liked last year and debated on buying it but after talking to a lot of people it sounded like their stuff is very inconsistent and one thing may be nice quality and the same exact item in a different shipment may be stitched up all crooked or something else wrong with it. I decided the money was not worth gambling and found a different and more reliable source for a similar item. I may have ended up paying close to twice the price but the quality was excellent and well worth it.

franknbeans 01-01-2013 10:17 PM

They sell way too much way too cheap on eBay. JMHO. I agree totally with getting what you pay for.

LikeaTB 01-01-2013 11:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
With Hilason: Run away, as fast as you can.

I have seen some CRAZY things made by Hilason, most found on the Tacky Tack of the Day blog. Many of their saddles are absolutely hilarious...like these things:

LikeaTB 01-01-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeaTB (Post 1824661)
With Hilason: Run away, as fast as you can.

I have seen some CRAZY things made by Hilason, most found on the Tacky Tack of the Day blog. Many of their saddles are absolutely hilarious...like these things:

The brown saddle looks like it has growths on it....

jumanji321 01-01-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeaTB (Post 1824662)
The brown saddle looks like it has growths on it....

Probably the tumours from the cow they got the leather from.