The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   How much should i sell my horse for? =( (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/how-much-should-i-sell-my-148518/)

averylilly 01-01-2013 10:09 PM

How much should i sell my horse for? =(

So i have to sell one of my horses due to moving.So i chose to sell my OTTB.:-( And i have NO clue how much to price him at.I have looked around to see what other people have there horses at and i think they are a bit high for the market right now.For example there was a fresh OTTB that they said they don't ride him or work him for 1,500.Any way i wish i could bring both of my horses but can't.So about my TB.He is 6 months off the track but dose not act it at all.He is 7 and is sound and healthy.He is not hot at all and on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hottest) He is probably a 4. They only thing he really needs work on is not counter bending to the right and picking up the correct lead every time to the right. But he is weekly rode by a 14 year old and me.He is lazy and would rather walk they do any thing but has get up in go if asked. He has been stared over fences.He 16'2 and a dark bay.He baths,clips good for the farrier ect. And he loads better than any horse i have every seen! Has never afford to buck,rear,bite or kick.He also has not vices such as cribbing,pacing in his stall or swaying his head like most OTTBs He is very very hunter type.He has a low head set and will make a lovely dressage or hunter with a little more work.He is well put together and has clean legs.I will miss him a lot but i don't have a choice .Pleas not rude comments.

franknbeans 01-01-2013 10:15 PM

Some of it will depend upon where you are as well as how long you have to market him. Unfortunately, OTTB's are a dime a dozen, literally, and you have not had him long enough to really put much training on him. My guess-$1000-$1500. Maybe $2K if you are really lucky, and have the time to wait.

stevenson 01-02-2013 09:07 PM

you need to see what similar horses are selling for in your area. Also , if you are in a hurry to sell, you will probably have to a lower price