The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   How much duplicate tack do you have? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/how-much-duplicate-tack-do-you-14854/)

cjessy 09-19-2008 09:03 AM

How much duplicate tack do you have?

I am trying to explain to my husband why I need a nylon halter, a leather halter and a show halter. He doesn't understand why so much tack is needed for my one horse. I am trying to explain to him that yes it has the same function as the nylon halter, but I can't show my horse in that! Duh!
Why do I have 4 different types and colors of saddle pads for one horse! Three different head stalls, two types of girths, three sets of reins, and so on and so on.
I think I have one pair of splint boots, though...hmmm...I may need to buy another pair! Hehehe!
Buying tack is an addiction and I know that I am not the only one out there that buys mutiple of the same things!
:D :D :D :D :D

My2Geldings 09-19-2008 01:58 PM

Oh gosh I have loads of stuff.
Both my horses have 4-5 halters, they each 3-4 coolers and blankets, I have 3 full sets of boots for trailering, i have a huge range of protective leg gear for riding, i have 2 saddles, loads of bridles, at leat a dozen saddle pads, lunge whips, crops, lunge lines etc etc etc...

Over time all the horses I have owned have required different sizes of gear and tack and since I take good care of my stuff I still have all of it.

You should always have duplicates of most pieces of tack. You can always use them.

PoptartShop 09-19-2008 03:00 PM

:D Of course! Tons of halters, crops, lead ropes, 3 lunge lines, & I have about 3-5 saddlepads. :lol: 3 pairs of boots (1 is kinda worn but still works, 2 is for showing, 3 is for schooling), lots of leg gear, etc.
I think it's good to have more than 1 piece of some things, because they come in handy!

My2Geldings 09-19-2008 03:39 PM

90% of the stuff I own is stuff I own because at the time I made the purchase I decided I had to have it, or it was cute or it matched one of my many things I own I will likely only use once.

Everything I own has a practical use for it, it's just I have A LOT of things thats all :lol: I'm actually about to sell some of the halters I have on eBay ;)

JustDressageIt 09-19-2008 07:37 PM

I have:
- 3 nylon halters
- 2 leather halters
- 2 pairs of bell boots (velcro and pull-on)
- 2 coolers
- 3 bridles
- about a gazillion saddle pads. Ok, no in reality... 7 that I can count right now
- 3 fly bonnets
- 2 western saddle pads
- 2 cinches
- 2 girths
- 5 lead shanks

I think that's it for duplicates and so on. The rest of the stuff.. I just have a lot of stuff!

mudypony 09-19-2008 08:40 PM

I have tons of duplicates!

- 4 Nylon halters
- 2 leather halters
- 2 wither relief pads
- 2 show pads
- 2 square pads
- 2 lead shanks
- 2 bridles
- 2 turnout blankets (one I bought and one came w/ Brickens)
- 2 turnout sheets (again one I bought and one came w/ Brickens)
- 2 coolers

I probably have lots of other duplicates but I can't remember them all. It's very handy to have two of everything so that incase something brakes, goes missing, etc there is always a spare so you don't have to scramble to find something at the last minute.

o0hawaiigirl0o 09-19-2008 11:38 PM

Heh, I barely even have any stuff. No money to buy. :( I think at least two saddle pads per saddle would be nice and definitely an extra halter. If I ever get random money I want to get a rope halter along with my regular nylon one. And colorful saddle pads!

PoptartShop 09-20-2008 10:21 AM

Hey, I can't forget to add how many fly masks I have...& DEFINITELY how many bottles of fly spray I have. LOL! :lol: