The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Sunset ride on the Big island!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/sunset-ride-big-island-148698/)

tbstorm 01-03-2013 04:22 PM

Sunset ride on the Big island!!

Hello :)

So im really excited because well one, im in Kona for a week on vacation and im came from snowy Canada and its like 25 degrees here which is just lovely! But im also excited because tonight my family is going on a sunset ride. I've actually never ridden with my mom and dad, only with my sister and i think it'll be quite funny because my mom, dad and sister are the total opposite of me in the sense that they're total citry slickers and i'm the all country girl with what i like to call redneck tendencies :P So this should be quite amusing! They actually wanted to do the ride called the city slicker but that just wouldnt fly with me. Im hoping they might let me do a bit of troting or cantering because i havnt actually been out to ride in WEEKS!!!! which is so painful but the ground is just terrible we cant ride plus my boy is getting fat and all i can do is sit and watch and have him get shoot me the dirty looks when i decrease his hay amount :( But anyways thats in four hours and im really excited which probably isnt a shocker but yeah i will post some pictures because i probable will get some good ones!!

-paige

amp23 01-03-2013 04:47 PM

I'm excited for you!! Now you'll definitely have to share pictures... :)

Annanoel 01-03-2013 04:54 PM

WOW, I am jealous. 0 degrees F here, and snowing. We definitley need pictures. Have fun and enjoy it, that's something I'd love to do! I'd definitley ask if you can trot and canter. Let them know you ride! Any ride I've been on have let me!

tbstorm 01-03-2013 05:05 PM

okay awesome! And yes ill post pictures!

Phura 01-03-2013 05:53 PM

I'm so jealous! That is one thing I would love to do but am not likely to have the chance! Have a great time....looking forward to pictures! Oh--and I love your quote! :)

tbstorm 01-05-2013 01:08 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Okay! Sorry this took so long, i got sick the morning of the ride and i havnt been well since. BUT we still went and it was super super awesome. When we first got there i was looking at the horses and i told my sister i wanted to ride the dun but then the guide took that horse to do a demo so then i was sad :( but then she called my name and told me that it was her horse but since i had experience they wanted to put me on a good horse. MAN WAS THAT HORSE EVER AWESOME!!!! oh and they let everyone trot and canter but they would let me go first so that i could do what ever i wanted.... so we had a few really good runs, like flat out gallops and that horse was fast!! needless to say i had a lot of fun. The rest of my family on the other hand did not :/ but what ever. Mom got a super slow pony with more woah than go :P and dad got a draft horse and he was huge so he was happy at first but then not too impressed that he had to canter and trot lol. and my sister was good on her horse but shes allergic so she wasnt too happy :P BUT I WAS! and the rules were we each got to pick an activity and that was mine and they had to deal with it!

okay wow didnt mean to write a lot but here are the pictures!!

tbstorm 01-05-2013 01:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here are some more :P

Beling 01-05-2013 01:17 PM

WOW, I'm jealous too, and I'm on Maui! Hasn't stopped raining for days! By the time the ground is starting to dry up, the rain is back.

Where did you ride? Is that IN Kona? Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

DraftyAiresMum 01-05-2013 01:18 PM

Looks like a blast! I am totally in love with the draft your dad got.

And BTW, you stole my name! My name is Paige, too...but I can guarantee I had mine first (I'm 30).
Posted via Mobile Device

Lockwood 01-05-2013 02:13 PM

Nice pics and what a beautiful ride!
I'm betting that sun and warm weather right now is just wonderful.
Hope you feel better.