The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   how to brake a horse by just doing groundwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/how-brake-horse-just-doing-groundwork-148705/)

badger101 01-03-2013 06:20 PM

how to brake a horse by just doing groundwork
 
Hi i have a horse named bandit if you look him up in my horses you will see him:D But i went to my moms for the whole summer so he got turned out and when i got back my dad got on him to see if he would buck or not......
well thats when my dad got bucked off and hurt his shoulder he is fine now but we are all to scared to get on the horse we got a trainer to get on him but we couldnt afford for her and him to keep the horse for long, so i want to know if anybody could tell me some ground work to make him the horse he used to be!!!:D



thank you

Coyote 01-03-2013 06:28 PM

This is going to sound mean, but if you cannot afford a trainer to break him and are afraid of him...the best option would be to sell him and buy an older already broken horse. It will be much safer for you and your family, as well as the horse. Training is difficult and not something that can be done only from the ground unless you never intend to ride. If this horse learns bad habits from you he will become difficult to ever find a home for and may become a monster that could potentially kill you.

Sell him, find a broke horse.

soenjer55 01-03-2013 06:38 PM

In this situation I can't really agree with Coyote. I think a bit more information is needed. In some situations you're right, but I feel like you're jumping the gun a bit here...
How was Badger before you left him to pasture? Was he well-behaved? Did he have any issues before? How old is he? How much experience does he have? How many times has he been ridden, is he an experienced horse that just had time off or was he barely broke before he was sent out to pasture?

badger101 01-03-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote (Post 1827334)
This is going to sound mean, but if you cannot afford a trainer to break him and are afraid of him...the best option would be to sell him and buy an older already broken horse. It will be much safer for you and your family, as well as the horse. Training is difficult and not something that can be done only from the ground unless you never intend to ride. If this horse learns bad habits from you he will become difficult to ever find a home for and may become a monster that could potentially kill you.

Sell him, find a broke horse.




hey that was not mean he is for sale and i already have a horse named badger he is fifteen and bandit it is only six soooo, he has been uo for sale for two months noboddy wants him:-(

badger101 01-03-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soenjer55 (Post 1827354)
In this situation I can't really agree with Coyote. I think a bit more information is needed. In some situations you're right, but I feel like you're jumping the gun a bit here...
How was Badger before you left him to pasture? Was he well-behaved? Did he have any issues before? How old is he? How much experience does he have? How many times has he been ridden, is he an experienced horse that just had time off or was he barely broke before he was sent out to pasture?


bandit was a perfect horse before i went with my mom and he behaved good he behaved when i broke my arm and he had no rideing for 4 weeks then i got back on him and he was fine:cry::cry:

badger101 01-03-2013 06:47 PM

badger behaved fine with bandit

apachewhitesox 01-03-2013 06:57 PM

If no one seems to be interested in the horse for sale are you perhaps asking for an unrealistic price?

oh vair oh 01-03-2013 07:01 PM

$4500 is way too much for a horse that bucks.

badger101 01-03-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachewhitesox (Post 1827376)
If no one seems to be interested in the horse for sale are you perhaps asking for an unrealistic price?


we have changed so maybe

badger101 01-03-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh vair oh (Post 1827383)
$4500 is way too much for a horse that bucks.


Im sorry but this horse used to be a champion barrel racer, not tryin to be mean but this horse is worth more then what the price is.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0