The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   R.I.P Take a Chance. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/r-i-p-take-chance-148773/)

Crescent 01-04-2013 10:49 AM

R.I.P Take a Chance.

I have only owned Chance for 5 short months. Even though his registered name is Perfect Contender we renamed him Take a Chance in honor of his desire to get out of the paddock whenever he could and to try to break his way into the tack room (which he did many many times) he was so smart that he turned a key in a padlock and fiddled with it until the lock came off and he was able to get into the tack room to his precious feed. Before we got him he had been abused at the farm were we had bought him. He was a measly 800 pounds soaking wet. He was also 15.3 hands so he was extremely skinny. We managed to get 100 pounds onto him in 5 months but then he started to drop. Last week on Christmas Eve he stopped drinking and started to pee blood. We hand fed him water and food until last night (January 3 2013) he past away quietly under his favorite tree (it was his favorite escape place also because the barb wire was low enough for him to jump across even though we repediatly tried to fix it. either it was to high or to low for him to jump if it was to high he would go under it on his back. if it was to low he would jump it. if it was just right he would get tangled in it.) We love you Chance. Rest in Peace.

Taffy Clayton 01-04-2013 10:57 AM

So sorry for your loss, he sounded like quite the character.

Crescent 01-04-2013 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
taffy clayton he really was a goofy guy. but he was so reliable. I actually had a deer run straight into his side while on a trail ride. he never flinched. here is a photo of him when we first got him (he is the bay)

Taffy Clayton 01-04-2013 11:19 AM

He was a beauty!!!! He had a happy last 5 months with all that grass, that is for sure.

Cacowgirl 01-04-2013 02:21 PM

So sorry for yourloss. Take comfort that you made his last few months on earth better for him. RIP Chance. May you run free over the Rainbow Bridge.

HorseLovinLady 01-04-2013 09:44 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, :-( Chance was a good looking boy.

kitten_Val 01-04-2013 10:51 PM

Very sorry for your loss! :(

RunSlideStop 01-04-2013 11:09 PM

Very sorry for your loss. He looks like a real sweet boy. My condolences.

WesternRider88 01-05-2013 10:16 PM

I'm so very sorry for your loss. He looked like such a nice boy, atleast you made his last few month very nice for him. Now he's running free in heaven.
R.I.P Chance.

Cane Toad 01-08-2013 12:07 AM

:( Im so sorry for your loss, at least before he passed he had great home. He is running free with the other horse now.