The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   can you tell me more? arabian bloodlines & history... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/can-you-tell-me-more-arabian-148851/)

countrylove 01-04-2013 10:51 PM

can you tell me more? arabian bloodlines & history...

I know absolutely nothing about bloodlines or famous/well known horses. My questions are: any famous or well known horses in my mares line, what did any and all specialize in, any known health or genetic issues, any cool or interesting facts, pictures, history, I wanna know it all LoL I do mean EVERYTHING. I love history and its even cooler when it's my mare and her families history. Oh and what type Arab? I was told she was Polish by her last owner.

Thanks in advance!!! Your all awesome!

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/comet244
Posted via Mobile Device

deserthorsewoman 01-04-2013 11:20 PM

First of all, she has very little Polish blood, Crabbet / Egyptian is the majority.

I wish I had my computer up, i have thousands of pics on CD.......but some pics are on allbreed, every name with the red asterisk has a pic:-)

If you click on the names in 5th generation, another 5 generation pedigree comes up.
You can Google the names, lots of info on the net.
I think she is bred for black, seeing so many names double or triple.

Sorry I can't help anymore, but most of my stuff is on the non running computer......

countrylove 01-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 1829477)
First of all, she has very little Polish blood, Crabbet / Egyptian is the majority.

I wish I had my computer up, i have thousands of pics on CD.......but some pics are on allbreed, every name with the red asterisk has a pic:-)

If you click on the names in 5th generation, another 5 generation pedigree comes up.
You can Google the names, lots of info on the net.
I think she is bred for black, seeing so many names double or triple.

Sorry I can't help anymore, but most of my stuff is on the non running computer......

Every bit helps so thanks a bunch!! I didn't think she resembled the polish line but I'm no expert lol so I figured I'd just ask the breed experts. Id also love to find any siblings and would like to confirm her dams death. Supposedly her dam died shortly after foaling my mare. I'm curious of cause of death as well. I don't know her exact age so knowing when her mom died will also help me narrow that down. I have never been able to get very much info about her and what I have been told has mostly been false or doesn't make sense. I would probably never breed her but its still interesting to know about the genetics. She is a jet black and doesn't seem to fade at all. I love her black. It is the blackest I have ever seen. Her white markings are very minimal too. She has a very tiny snip on her upper lip and 2 very low, barely there back socks. She is going to be gorgeous once she is in better shape. Thanks again! Hopefully I'll find out more. I also have a crashed computer so I'm just on my smart phone. I can Google the info but it takes so long and is harder to find. Again thanks :D
Posted via Mobile Device

countrylove 01-06-2013 02:35 AM

Anyone else?
Posted via Mobile Device

Remali 01-11-2013 02:58 AM

I see some Babson Egyptian in there, as well as Crabbet, and the "newer" Egyptian (Nazeer lines), I don't see a lot of Polish actually either, altho there is Polish there thru *Chimena (thru Sukara Farhanna).

I bet she may get her black color from the Babson side of her pedigree, there were quite a few very nice black Babson Egyptians (and there still are).

countrylove 01-11-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remali (Post 1839066)
I see some Babson Egyptian in there, as well as Crabbet, and the "newer" Egyptian (Nazeer lines), I don't see a lot of Polish actually either, altho there is Polish there thru *Chimena (thru Sukara Farhanna).

I bet she may get her black color from the Babson side of her pedigree, there were quite a few very nice black Babson Egyptians (and there still are).

Thanks :) I find history very interesting so its neat to learn about my mares bloodlines :)
Posted via Mobile Device