The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Goodbye My Gentle Giant (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/goodbye-my-gentle-giant-148857/)

Roperchick 01-04-2013 11:52 PM

Goodbye My Gentle Giant

4 Attachment(s)
I guess it's a naive thought that even though you're thousands of miles away, that everything back home will stay the same. Nobody will get hurt, your animals will never grow old. But the truth is that time never stops. The picture of the 6...0lb bloodhound puppy touching noses with your 5lb 8 week old beagle is just a memory now. 11 years have passed by in a blur and everything has changed.

Rest In Peace Moses. I know you're up there with your brother and sister, Boomer and Annie. Probably chasing those invisible scent trails that only your amazing bloodhound nose can follow on some adventure. I will forever treasure the memories of "hiding" from you in the desert while we trained you to be our new search and rescue dog. Or taking a nice long walk with you in the field and watching as you hunted gophers and brought back your treasures to me. I'll always miss your wrinkles and your long ears, hearing you bay when you find your prize. Or the time you were so immersed in the scent you had, you didnt see evil Noel sneak up behind you until the last second. and then had to desperately book it and jump over the irrigation pipe! you made so many people such great memories.

Checkers just doesnt know what to do with herself without you there to play with her and all our hearts break when we realize we wont hear yhou baying your joy at being fed morning and night.

so keep an eye on Maggie, Boomer, Annie and my old man Hawkeye for me until i can meet you again on the other side.

love you always my sweet gentle giant!

Biscuit (8 weeks old) and Moses (1 yr) the first day they met
Attachment 124246

Moses (140 lbs. 10 yrs old)
Attachment 124249

My gopher hunter
Attachment 124248

My sweet boy. My gentle Giant
Attachment 124247

JamieLeighx 01-05-2013 04:57 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I recently lost my dog too. I know how much it hurts but atleast he is not suffering or in any pain now.

Hold those memories tight.

farmpony84 01-05-2013 06:52 PM

Hw was so darling! I lost a dog a few years ago and I still miss her. They leave really big footprints don't they?

themacpack 01-05-2013 07:08 PM

{hugs} to you - I am so very sorry for your loss. What a darling boy he was.

Roperchick 01-05-2013 09:34 PM

Thanks everyone. He did indeed leave big prints on my heart.

I was just talking to my mom and thinking about how its been over 14 yes since we HAVNT had a bloodhound! It doesnt feel right.

flytobecat 01-05-2013 09:39 PM

So sorry for your loss.

hunterjumper1998 04-02-2013 10:51 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine not being there and hearing the news :'(

Cacowgirl 04-03-2013 08:32 AM

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful bloodhound.

Speed Racer 04-03-2013 09:00 AM

Roper, my most heartfelt condolences. Your love for him shone through your whole post. What a grand dog!

HowClever 04-03-2013 09:32 AM

So very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy!