The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Pictures (/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Some pictures of my little herd. (

kmdstar 01-05-2013 05:37 PM

Some pictures of my little herd.
I have a new addition to my little herd, so the camera has been out quite a bit.

My new addition is a 15 yr old APHA/PtHA western pleasure mare, "Abuzz About Georgia" barn name Georgia.

I just got her on Monday, so I let her settle in by herself for a while but turned her out with my long yearling APHA filly, "Summers Legacy", we call her Lady.

Yes, it kills me that Lady is as tall as all my adult horses. (Georgia, I'm told is 15.1hh but I haven't taped her myself yet)

On to the exciting part.

I love this, Georgia's just like "Yeah, you can rear? So?" LOL

I call them my APHA beauties.

Lady making herself too comfortable

They really seem to like eachother. I know Lady is happy to have someone to frolic with, I had her with my older mare who just laid down the law and never played with her. I'll post my other two in the next post.

kmdstar 01-05-2013 05:44 PM

Dream & Starlite
Here's my other two.

Miss "Grandma" Dreamer, our 27 yo Morgan mare.

I tried to give her breakfast in bed, but Lady flung hay all over her.

This one is priceless.

And then my girl, Starlite - 12 yr old Standardbred/QH mare. She's my barrel/trail horse that's super out of shape right now.

Investigating when Georgia arrived.

The end. Enjoy :)

27cfmd 01-05-2013 07:14 PM

Your new mare is gorgeous!

Taffy Clayton 01-05-2013 07:21 PM

I love breakfast in bed! very cute.

Endiku 01-05-2013 07:31 PM

I loved the breakfast in bed as well! Absolutely adorable. Your new mare sounds like a real winner and your yearling is beautiful!

Spirit Lifter 01-05-2013 09:05 PM

Very nice herd! So was that all playing or establishing pecking order. Looks like playing and having a ball!

lilruffian 01-05-2013 09:06 PM

Lovely pictures! Your Georgia is gorgeous :D

FGRanch 01-05-2013 10:48 PM

I love Lady, what are your plans for her? She is a very nice looking young lady.

flytobecat 01-05-2013 10:53 PM

Great looking kids. Love the pict of her waking up with a hay like "huh what you ate without me".

PurpleMonkeyWrench 01-05-2013 11:21 PM

You caught some awesome facial expression in a lot of those photos LOL