The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Gotta love him.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/gotta-love-him-148950/)

BarrelBunny 01-05-2013 11:16 PM

Gotta love him..

10 Attachment(s)
The more I work with my horse, the more he trusts me and our bond grows, and the more he lets his personality shine through.. Now I'm not so sure that's a great thing. :rofl: He is super dorky, honest, and loves attention. He runs to greet me in the pasture and then follows me around like a dog. Biddy has started putting his head into the halter for me and grabbing for the bit when I hold it up, lol. He is a perfect gentleman, yet has this crazy personality. He only likes me for some odd reason and pins his ears at everyone else. I guess he's really just a one person horse! (He used to be my mom's, and would only be nice to her. As soon as I started working with him, he'd pin his ears at her - and everyone else - and be nice to me, lol!) He won't hurt anyone, he just likes to show his distaste toward other people. :rofl: - funny for me, not so funny for everyone else apparently!

Anyhoo, here are some pictures I took tonight! None of them are edited, unless they are cropped.

Sorry for the novel & enjoy! :D

Haha!! I really don't know if he was "smiling" for me or just giving me a dorky look, lol! :rofl:
Attachment 124380

Ever since he beat The Mare the other day in a race, he has become obsessed with running around like a dork in the pasture.. :lol:
Attachment 124381

More of His Gorgeousness..
Attachment 124382

Then, he runs around my mounting block (aka a lone barrel - we are talking about a barrel horse here) and thought he was going to win something! :rofl:
Attachment 124383
Attachment 124387
Attachment 124388

Soon after, His Royal Highness got tired and decided that was enough running for a lifetime! (a mere two laps around the pasture.. *face palm*)
Attachment 124389

Once I realize he is done running, I suddenly get extremely bored and begin taking random pictures..
Attachment 124390
Attachment 124391

Aaand one last picture of my dorky boy, hahaha. (If he found out I posted this, he'd probably sit on me!! :shock:) My horse would manage to look absolutely gorgeous and then two seconds later look like a complete dork.. *shakes her head*
Attachment 124394

As a side note, if any of you picture-taking geniuses have any advice on my horrible picture-taking skills, it would be greatly appreciated! :-)

flytobecat 01-05-2013 11:22 PM

He has such a sweet expressive eyes.

BarrelBunny 01-05-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flytobecat (Post 1830975)
He has such a sweet expressive eyes.

They have only began to look that way in the past couple of months. Before they always seemed as if he was waiting for you to turn on him.. :-(

JaphyJaphy 01-06-2013 12:33 AM

Gorgeous boy!

I am concerned about that barbed wire though...It seems like it might benefit from being tightened up a bit.

WSArabians 01-06-2013 01:10 AM

Those are great pictures! He must enjoy himself to be running barrels on his own!
I love the first one :lol:

BarrelBunny 01-06-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaphyJaphy (Post 1831076)
Gorgeous boy!

I am concerned about that barbed wire though...It seems like it might benefit from being tightened up a bit.

Thanks!

It is my landlord's. I have mentioned it before and will bring it up again. Thanks for the concern.

BarrelBunny 01-06-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1831122)
Those are great pictures! He must enjoy himself to be running barrels on his own!
I love the first one :lol:

Thank you! I think his enjoyment is only part of it.. His personality is the rest! :rofl:

HorseLovinLady 01-06-2013 08:52 PM

Handsome boy!!

BarrelBunny 01-08-2013 08:29 AM

Thanks! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

TheRoundPen 01-08-2013 01:05 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I love him! Awesome pictures!!