The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Opinions.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/opinions-14900/)

Gingerrrrr 09-20-2008 11:47 AM

Opinions..

heres his info...

Dually is a 12 yr old gelding who is 15.2 hands tall. he was used for a kids horse and a trail horse. he is great with other horses and animals around the farm. He is traffic safe and nothing bothers him on the trail. He clips, bathes, trailers, ties, stands for farrier and vet. He is stiff when you first start out riding but works out of it. I am in to showing and he isn't a show horse so he is not getting the attention he deserves.

shes asking $500.

she only sent me head shots of him and i cant seem to get them from my email to my desktop but i will try.

meggymoo 09-20-2008 11:58 AM

He sounds very cheap for such a good/sensible horse. But then again the market has changed so much lately, everything seems to be going cheap.
Are you considering buying him?

Gingerrrrr 09-20-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meggymoo
He sounds very cheap for such a good/sensible horse. But then again the market has changed so much lately, everything seems to be going cheap.
Are you considering buying him?

yeah i am. hes 2 hours away from me though...

meggymoo 09-20-2008 12:17 PM

Have you been to see him yet? He does sound lovely. The stiffness does concern me slightly, but to be honest my Meggy was always a little stiff once first out, but she soon loosened up. :D

appylover31803 09-20-2008 01:16 PM

I would check him out, and see how you like him.
He seems like a great horse.

When I was looking for a horse, I found that a lot of horses seemed great on paper, but once there, they weren't so great.

So definitely check him out. 2 hours isn't that bad.

Gingerrrrr 09-20-2008 03:20 PM

yeah, ill see if i can go. here is another horse that i found for sale let me know what you think, shes going to send me pictures.

shes emailed me 3 times and seems eager to sell this was her first email to me-

I do not have pictures online but I can give you a general idea of what she looks like. She's dark bay almost black. She has a white star on her forehead, She has no white on her legs. She does have a scar on her left leg in the front. The owner that had her before me had a barb wire fence and she got caught in it. Um....She's a little skittish when she first sees thing (nothing major. she looks at it and snorts.) She's beginner safe. I have a 2 year old and he sits on her and she'll walk around with him riding her. She does western and english. I rode her mostly english. I do have all her tack. If you wanted her tack and her I would cost $600 but with just her I will take $500. I know its not much of a difference but thats what I can offer.

the second email she gave me her number and things and this was her third email-

I just talked to the man who is boarding my horse. I told him the situation. He is a really good friend of mine and my trainer. He said to let you make me an offer. Like I said before I just want her to go to someone who is going to treat her great. So make me an offer and we will go from there. I sent you my contact info, so just give me a call and we will talk. Thank you so much

stats-
16yr old TB mare
dk bay
UTD on shots
UTD w/ferrier
great lesson horse

Gingerrrrr 09-20-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Opinions..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gingerrrrr
heres his info...

Dually is a 12 yr old gelding who is 15.2 hands tall. he was used for a kids horse and a trail horse. he is great with other horses and animals around the farm. He is traffic safe and nothing bothers him on the trail. He clips, bathes, trailers, ties, stands for farrier and vet. He is stiff when you first start out riding but works out of it. I am in to showing and he isn't a show horse so he is not getting the attention he deserves.

shes asking $500.

she only sent me head shots of him and i cant seem to get them from my email to my desktop but i will try.

i might be going to see this horse over the weekend next week!

appylover31803 09-20-2008 07:23 PM

I like the sounds of the gelding better than the mare. If she gets skiddish, it MIGHT turn into something. And having a 2 year old sit on her doesn't mean much to me.

Also, the scar, even if its just a cosmetic thing at this point, it might have done some damage. Do you know if she was raced?

Good luck seeing the horse next week!

Gingerrrrr 09-20-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appylover31803
I like the sounds of the gelding better than the mare. If she gets skiddish, it MIGHT turn into something. And having a 2 year old sit on her doesn't mean much to me.

Also, the scar, even if its just a cosmetic thing at this point, it might have done some damage. Do you know if she was raced?

Good luck seeing the horse next week!

she said the mare has a tattoo but never bothered to look up her history or anything. i honestly like the gelding more then the mare also.

KANSAS_TWISTER 09-20-2008 10:50 PM

those 2 sound great but at the price of gas i would be asking to see pictures in order to see if there worth the trip....also ask the reasons for quick/cheap sales???....and VETcheck...don't go by what they say....good luck