The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Didn't know the old girl had it in her (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/didnt-know-old-girl-had-her-14903/)

PaintedLady 09-20-2008 01:05 PM

Didn't know the old girl had it in her

You've hard me mention The Lady several times. She's a very mild mannered 12 yr old MFT. We were cantering across the field Wed nite, when she threw in a couple of bucks! (She also poo'd in the neighbor's yard. AARRGGHH! (I had a mess to clean up!) I was amazed, and wasn't thinking fast enough, or she'd have been doing lots of circles and backing!. I've had her since March, and this is a first. We kept going tho, and other than being in a constant hurry, she did fine. Tomorrow we have a trail ride. We'll see how she does for that.....

Solon 09-20-2008 01:09 PM

Mabye it's the change in season? She's feelin' her oats with the cooler weather? I know that Solon has been a lot more active!

BTW - think they are finally fixing the forum over at h.com this weekend??

Hope you are well!

free_sprtd 09-20-2008 01:10 PM

oh goodness, sounds like she's got some spunk! was she on her way back to the barn? she's probably starting to feel comfortable and more confident now, :)

PaintedLady 09-20-2008 03:34 PM

Actually...we were just starting out...going AWAY from the barn. She went willingly. Hmmmmmm...
I never thought about the cooler weather. You might be right about that! The horseflies were thick tho. I'm wondering what they'll be like on the trails tomorrow....Flyspray and deep woods off are packed!
They might just be fixin the 'other' forum. It's about time! I was AMAZED today when I had a PM notice in my email...and it worked!! From your comment, I'm assuming you couldn't get in either....

My2Geldings 09-20-2008 08:13 PM

Haha, looks like a happy horse eh :) glad everything turned out ok and you took it with a smile :)

Gaited07 09-21-2008 11:36 PM

Sounds like the Lady gotz a touch of the fall season. Glad that she just kicked up a little heels and no harm or foul was done.
I'm sure your next ride with the Lady will be Royal!

Arrow 09-21-2008 11:41 PM

Good to hear from you Painted Lady! Sounds like a fun ride!

Arrow had me off yesterday. The woods were all different with the Ike damage laying about, or chopped and stacked to the side. Then a guy on a bike up on us fast. He was all hyperalert, looking for that bike, and he spun around and did a 180 on me, swapping ends! Centrifugal force did the rest, wound up on my back looking up at him! I've ridden out worse shys that went forward, sideways, and straight up--but his spin got me, ha ha! My third fall since I bought him more than a year and a half ago.

PaintedLady 09-21-2008 11:53 PM

All is well. :wink: She just caught me off my guard....and *really* surprised me!
The Lady isn't nuts about bikes, either. I'm always amazed. Cuz we can meet cars pulling boats with flapping tarps...or tractors with huge equipment...or motorcycles, even, but let somebody come pedalling up on a bike, and we go bonkers!! LOL!

JackieB 09-22-2008 12:00 AM

Perhaps it was just the cooler weather. Glad you stayed on OK.