The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi-ho, NEIGHbor, (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-ho-neighbor-149118/)

Le007 01-07-2013 11:35 AM

Hi-ho, NEIGHbor,

I'm new to the forum. Lifelong love of horses, waited until our children were grown to buy our first horse. (that was 6 years ago) We've learned so much and learn more every day from two-legged and four-legged horsey friends. My husband IS the proverbial 'horse husband', God bless him.
We have a bunch of misfit horses and I just love them all. We have a small acreage we have waited to build a new home on, horses are there now on about 6 acres of it. I hope to be on our land this time next year. (we have a house to sell first) We have seven grandchildren.
I had a TKR on left knee a few months back (I could barely walk, bad bone on bone) and have been released to ride. If the muddy fields and trails will dry out a little, I will be on my favorite ride soon, Cookie! An unregistered red-lined Dun mare w/a big behind and attitude to go with it. (this big girl has a story, more later) Cookie is 13. Skip, QH mare of 14. Scooter wants to be in your back pocket, 18 yr. old Paint finally our old guy, Brego TWH, 25 years young. (will out-ride the entire bunch all day long)
I've already gotten so much info from this forum and like it for the 'tone' of all the posters. It's hard to find a place where people aren't rude and foul-mouthed these days. Can't wait to learn more and get to know everyone. Live in central Alabama, heading to the Annual Horse Fair in Montgomery, Al. in two weeks.
Leisa:-)

ilikehorses2 01-07-2013 11:42 AM

Welcome!

Cacowgirl 01-07-2013 11:49 AM

Welcome Leisa, sounds like you have some real nice horses. Good luck on selling your house.

Country Woman 01-07-2013 05:14 PM

Welcome Leisa nice to meet you

HorseLovinLady 01-07-2013 11:51 PM

Welcome to the forum Leisa!! Glad to see another Alabamian on the forum. What part of the state are you from if you don't mind me asking? I'm located about 40-45 miles northwest of Birmingham.

Le007 01-07-2013 11:56 PM

Just outside of B'ham. : )

waresbear 01-08-2013 12:04 AM

Welcome!
Posted via Mobile Device

Wolfetrap 01-08-2013 01:11 PM

Hello

Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie!!!:-)