The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Should I go to the hospital? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/should-i-go-hospital-149222/)

Cane Toad 01-08-2013 05:45 AM

Should I go to the hospital?

Hey guys,
I had a horse riding lesson at 4:00. I fell off while doing cantering stirrup less exercises (around 5) I landed on my Side and my head hit the ground. I felt a bit sick but got up had a few sips of water took my helmet off and had a short break. I hoped straight on and got a bit disorientated I had no idea where I was riding, couldn't really see and felt sick. It passed and now I have a very stiff and sore leg and my head hurts a bit occasionally. My mum is completely freaking out, she says I look green. My head does hurt a little bit and sometimes I feel like I'm going to puke but other than that I think I'm fine. I just feel tired, I do know not to go to sleep for a few hours. I've taken a panadol and had a glass of water and I'm resting. Other people have taken rougher tumbles and come out fine! But alas my mum is worried and wants to hear other people's advice...

OliviaMyee 01-08-2013 06:17 AM

I think you should go to the hospital, just to be sure, there are no injuries you don't know about.

PumpkinzMyBaby22 01-08-2013 06:39 AM

Unfortunately it is luck of the draw when it comes to riding injuries. Even though some others take rougher falls and are okay, the small ones can do just as much damage. I would recommend going to the hospital strongly - it sounds like you may have a concussion.

Speed Racer 01-08-2013 06:47 AM

Sounds like you have a concussion. Better safe than sorry, and go see a doctor.

kitten_Val 01-08-2013 08:19 AM

It never hurts to see the doctor to make sure everything is OK, and yes, look into as much rest as you can till you feel better. Just wondering have you had helmet on when you hit the ground?

sandy2u1 01-08-2013 09:10 AM

I'm betting concussion, too. It's best to go to the hospital.

Wolfetrap 01-08-2013 09:14 AM

Go to the hospital.

Allison Finch 01-08-2013 11:12 AM

You need to go to the hospital ASAP. You could have a simple concussion (as all your symptoms point to) or worse. It is not uncommon to have a sub or epidural bleed, which can be pretty dangerous.

A friend, who is also a trainer, had a fall 6 months ago. She had a bad concussion and is still unable to ride.

Go to the hospital. You should have gone immediately!

LadyDreamer 01-08-2013 11:30 AM

Since it is a weekday, if you can get in to see your regular doctor, do that instead. It will be cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wild Heart 01-08-2013 07:26 PM

If you haven't already, go see your doctor or go to the hospital.
It really does sounds like a concussion and head injuries are nothing to take lightly.