The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   I miss saddleseat (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/i-miss-saddleseat-149333/)

kavalon 01-09-2013 12:02 AM

I miss saddleseat

I just kinda need to get this off my chest.... Lol. I really miss Saddleseat and my Saddlebreds. I've tried almost every kind of riding and ever since i was a little girl I was showing Saddlebreds. And in the past idk 3 years I havent even sat on a Saddlebred. The reason I left the Saddlebred stuff is because my amazing horse that I loved (and he taught me so much) passed away. And on top of that we had some misunderstanding with my old trainer (who is absolutly amazing) and lastly I was honestly getting a little bored and I tried jumping as a child and I loved it so I thought maybe I would give it another try and I've been doing that for about two years but sadly I've been in 3 car accidents in one year (none of them my fault, 2 of which were hit and runs:/ ) and havent really been able to ride except for a couple times here and there. But I just miss Saddlesseat and Saddlebreds so much. Sorry about the novel lol. I just wanted to get it off my chest. But I do love jumping alot I just havent found the right connection with a horse or a trainer yet :/ hopefully I will soon :)

Inga 01-11-2013 03:24 PM

I think maybe you should treat yourself to a riding lesson or two just to help ease the sorrow of not riding Saddleseat anymore. Good luck to you. I too love riding Saddlebred horses.

LadyDreamer 01-12-2013 11:12 PM

Here are some videos that might help your withdrawls. Equestrian Life - Videos

I hope you can ride again sometime soon. I know how the longing feels. There really is nothing like riding a saddlebred.
Posted via Mobile Device

kavalon 01-12-2013 11:56 PM

Riding Saddlebreds is truly something amazing. And is really hard to compare too. And thank you. :)

Horsequeen08 01-14-2013 07:43 PM

This may sound stupid, but Ifeel like I'd be asking the right person. I really don't know much about saddleseat and was wondering if you might be able to explain what it is/how it is diff from dressage? I was actually considering writing a post on it! :) I'd love to know more about it and hear in your words why it was so amazing! And I completely agree- try a lesson or two again!

LadyDreamer 01-14-2013 08:48 PM

Here is a great article done by the National Show Horse folks.
The Saddleseat Discipline

It primarily a light breed seat. You rarely see a stock type in SS tack unless they are packing kids or beginners. My first "show horse" was a big fat quarter horse. You can learn the seat on any breed or type.

Definitely look around that video link above, HQ. There is a program on there where you can get a free lesson if you want to try it.
Posted via Mobile Device

kavalon 01-14-2013 10:37 PM

Well first off, don't feel stupid! :) well saddleseat if of course English riding but it really differs from hunt seat and dressage because most of the things are different. Such as the Patrick you sit in, where you hold your fans, ect. Saddleseat is pretty much all about animation. Saddleseat can be ridden on almost any horse but the most popular ones would be Saddlebreds, Morgans, Arabians, Tennessee Walkers, and national show horses. And another unique thing about saddleseat is how many different classes/disciplines such as show pleasure, country show pleasure pleasure, park, park pleasure, three gaited, five gaited, five gaited pleasure and a few more lol. But I would for sure recommend taking a riding lesson for it. There is nothing in the world like riding saddleseat on an amazing "hot" show horse. :)

kavalon 01-14-2013 10:38 PM

Position* not Patrick lol sorry stupid phone!
Hands* not fans lol

LadyDreamer 01-14-2013 11:06 PM

I love when you go to a "Saddlebred Show", you aren't really going to a "Saddlebred" show. The shows would be so much less without our partner breeds, like the Hackney Pony and Horse and the Standardbreds at all shows, and when you get to the major shows, you can see Friesians, and DHHs, and and other "high society" fancy breeds. Some shows even invite other breeds like QHs and Rocky Mountains and anything in between to carry the Colors at the start of the shows just for a fun exhibition. It is such a good time. Plus you get to see so many different divisions. Driving and roadsters and three gaited and five gaited and pleasure horses and western horses and (a few) hunters, and fine harness and in hand classes. So much fun! I can't wait for show season!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

kavalon 01-14-2013 11:11 PM

I know. It really is so diverse. I think that's what I miss the most is all the different classes there are its so fun. Awe I miss my saddlebred :/