The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What was the name of your first horse? Where are they now? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-name-your-first-horse-where-14935/)

amigo82 09-20-2008 10:29 PM

What was the name of your first horse? Where are they now?

My first horse was Lill :)
I don't even know what kind of horse she was, I was only about 7 years old when we got her. She was bay with black mane&tail, and I'm pretty sure she was around 10 or in her early teens.
About a year or so after we got Lill we got an appaloosa colt named Willow. Unfortunately I don't know where either of those horses ended up :( Poor Lill is probably gone(almost 20 years later).. But I bet Willow grew up to be a gorgeous boy!

If I can dig up some pictures I'll post some!

Skyhuntress 09-20-2008 10:35 PM

Well, I had a horse on full lease that I considered mine. I rode him for 2 years, and his owner didn't come out once. His name was Spook and he was an absolute doll of a quarter horse. I remember him being really big...but that could have been because I was short. :)
He unfortunately was put down at the age of 13 because of a ruptured gut, and the owner wouldn't allow him to have colic surgery.

My first "real" horse though-that I actually owned is Storm. He's 13 years right now, retired because of a neurological issue and resides in my pasture ;)

free_sprtd 09-20-2008 10:42 PM

Thunder, and he's boarded down the street from me right now :) (still mine)

Cat 09-20-2008 11:23 PM

My first horse's registered name was Motley (but we call him Toby) and he is in my back pasture! :D

Jubilee Rose 09-20-2008 11:48 PM

My first horse is Jubilee Rose. Tb mare, bay, 17 yrs. I've had her for a year and she's still mine. :)

geewillikers 09-21-2008 12:05 AM

William is my first horse and he's just about Jubillee's age - 16. Still have him, won't get rid of him.

travlingypsy 09-21-2008 12:31 AM

Egyption Arabian, 100%. When ever I tell people that they look at me like im crazy or dont know what the heck im talking about. I know its a real breed. His name was Shamara dont remember his reg. name. I only had him for couple months then he was stolen.

If that dosent really count then Gypsy would have to be my "frist real" horse. Shes either a TB cross or appendix QH. Still have her.

free_sprtd 09-21-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travlingypsy
Egyption Arabian, 100%. When ever I tell people that they look at me like im crazy or dont know what the heck im talking about. I know its a real breed. His name was Shamara dont remember his reg. name. I only had him for couple months then he was stolen.

If that dosent really count then Gypsy would have to be my "frist real" horse. Shes either a tb cross or appendix qh. Still have her.

of course that counts!!!! how did he get stolen????? :(

o0hawaiigirl0o 09-21-2008 01:08 AM

Miss Take is my first horse and of course I still have her.
A little OT, but the first horse I rode is still going strong as the favorite lesson pony. :)

travlingypsy 09-21-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free_sprtd
Quote:

Originally Posted by travlingypsy

If that dosent really count then Gypsy would have to be my "frist real" horse. Shes either a tb cross or appendix qh. Still have her.

of course that counts!!!! how did he get stolen????? :(

We bought the horses from a guy who was in our town that we were moving to. Well we looked at his house to buy and instead bought the horses! SO...He said we could keep them there untill the first snow, then you'll have to buy your own hay. So we got a house, put up a fence. And as we were driving out of town we called and said we will have someone with a trailer to pick up the horses real soon. As he said they are gone, I sold them, we drove right past his house and there they were in his front yard. After that we got the sherif and case workers involed but he "gave" them away so fast that we couldnt get them back. I still have the reg. papers and the bill of sale.