The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Trail in Ireland (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/trail-ireland-149357/)

Picochamo 01-09-2013 07:34 AM

Trail in Ireland
 
Hi everybody, I live in France, I would like to do a one week trail riding in Ireland in july with a friend of mine. We would like to do it with our own horses.
I need a lot a informations :-)
I'm looking for routes and places to spend nights (especially for horses, for us camping is enought).

Thanks a lot !

Clava 01-09-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picochamo (Post 1836237)
Hi everybody, I live in France, I would like to do a one week trail riding in Ireland in july with a friend of mine. We would like to do it with our own horses.
I need a lot a informations :-)
I'm looking for routes and places to spend nights (especially for horses, for us camping is enought).

Thanks a lot !


Suggest you try The Horse and Hound forum as there will be many more people on there with info on riding in Ireland. :-) might be a lot easier to hire horses (they are certainly plentiful) though rather than take your own.
Horse & Hound Online Forum - Horse and Hound Forums

Picochamo 01-09-2013 01:09 PM

Thank you for your answer

I 'll try The horse and hound forum

I agree that hire horses should be easier, but it suppose that we will have to find a reliable horse-renter (i don't know that word sorry :oops:). I'm affraid of what horses we could hire, if there is no feeling it could be really unpleasant (so as if the horse is too difficult, too stressed...)
But i know that travel from France to Ireland is really long and hard for horses (about 14 hours of boat, or 2 hours of boat 10 hours of road then 2 or more hours of boat...)

Clava 01-09-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picochamo (Post 1836656)
Thank you for your answer

I 'll try The horse and hound forum

I agree that hire horses should be easier, but it suppose that we will have to find a reliable horse-renter (i don't know that word sorry :oops:). I'm affraid of what horses we could hire, if there is no feeling it could be really unpleasant (so as if the horse is too difficult, too stressed...)
But i know that travel from France to Ireland is really long and hard for horses (about 14 hours of boat, or 2 hours of boat 10 hours of road then 2 or more hours of boat...)


The Irish have some fab horses, definitely worth a look, they generally demand excellent manners from their horses.

AnnaHalford 01-09-2013 04:49 PM

Is there any particular reason why Ireland? I ask because Wales has more organised trails and some good ´horse-renting´places (try Riding Holidays | Horse Riding Holidays | Horse Trail Riding Wales UK ) - and there´s no difference in the weather :)

goneriding 01-10-2013 07:42 AM

I have yet to visit many beautiful places to ride in the US but if I had a chance to ride in another country, Ireland would be at the top of my list.

Good look with your vacation, pictures would be greatly appreciated.:D

Clava 01-10-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaHalford (Post 1836963)
Is there any particular reason why Ireland? I ask because Wales has more organised trails and some good ´horse-renting´places (try Riding Holidays | Horse Riding Holidays | Horse Trail Riding Wales UK ) - and there´s no difference in the weather :)

But the countryside of wales is very different to Ireland.

Maple 01-12-2013 02:52 PM

I dont know anywhere that you could just unload horses and go riding, sorry... I resort to just hacking my horse around on the roads.

Generally you could find places in Galway and Wicklow that do trekking. You would get a very different environment as in Wicklow you would be (mostly) in the mountains, and in Galway you'd be (mostly) on the beach. There is a place in Laois that offers western riding, which offer overnights and packages - havent used any of them myself but know they are there. There is also a place in Waterford that offers beach trekking.

Generally all of these horses are buses and know the route inside and out so you would be perfectly fine. There is a trekking center not to far from me (Meath) but can't think of the name, or how much it costs. They also have a cross country course if you were up for that. Castle Leslie is meant to be fab, but pricey.

Hope this helps a bit :)

ridingirelandtips 04-28-2013 08:00 PM

I have been to Ireland twice for a horseback riding vacation; it is truly a remarkable experience! Here is the website for a great tour operator in County Galway: Aille Cross - Connemara Horse Riding Holidays - Trail Riding Vacations. Check out my website to learn more about my vacation experience with Aille Cross: Home Page.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0