The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I Have Tell Someone! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-have-tell-someone-149384/)

LesandLily 01-09-2013 11:33 AM

I Have Tell Someone!

OK, I have to tell someone! For my daughter's 13th birthday we bought her a weanling stud colt which she will use to compete in the 4H 5 year program where teens start weanling horses and compete with them each to evaluate their training at each step. She has trained two horses now including the one she is currently riding and she will have help from her trainer, me and my brother who is also a horse trainer.

This foal was bred by her trainer and is SUPER sweet. He is a grandson of Do You Have a Minute and his dam is Ready in a Minute and his sire is Potential Revolution. His breeder thinks this is probably the best foal either of them has thrown. His full brother and sister both still live there (different owners) and they are super sweet, trainable and very talented. We hope we do this little guy justice! :-)

Anyway, he is getting presented to my daughter this afternoon with a big bow around his neck and my poor wife (she hates waiting) wants to go get her out of school now! I will post pictures after she gets him as all I have right now is a crappy cell phone picture. This is his grand sire Do you have a minute I hope she likes him!!!!!

Cheers!
Les

Missy May 01-09-2013 11:44 AM

Wow, what a fantasitic present and such a lucky little girl. I look forward to the pictures.

HorseOfCourse 01-09-2013 11:46 AM

That is soo awesome! You should record her reaction!
Posted via Mobile Device

wetrain17 01-09-2013 11:56 AM

What a great present. I'm sure she will be thrilled. Cant wait to see the pictures.

Snizard93 01-09-2013 11:59 AM

Subbing for the pictures and rest of the story! :D

LesandLily 01-09-2013 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am posting a teaser here...this is a crappy cell phone picture of him but isn't he cute? His buddy Jax is in the background and they are almost twins of each other but in no way related. I am hoping ot record on video her reaction...the problem is she is like her dad...calm on the outside and going nuts on the inside. Maybe not with this though. :-)

Cheers!
Les

wetrain17 01-09-2013 01:03 PM

What a cute face! I'm sure she'll enjoy him over the years.

jinx1990 01-09-2013 02:58 PM

What a lucky little girl! Congrats :)

TheLauren 01-09-2013 03:00 PM

oh wow! what a wonderful experience for your daughter! She's very lucky.

LesandLily 01-09-2013 08:14 PM

6 Attachment(s)
OK, here we go. We had tears, so I guess it was a good thing! :-) I introduce Spade (barn name). He hasn't gotten and official registered name yet but that will come in a day or two. He is 8 months old and is out of "Potential Revolution" and "Be Ready in a Minute." His grand Sires are "Do You Have a Minute" on his dam's side and "Radical Rodder" on his sire's side.

There are 3 full brothers / sisters at our boarding facility and they are all great minded, gentle and easy to work with. Today was the first time he has ever had a halter on or was led and he did great. He followed his brother out of the pasture, had a few minutes of figuring out how to follow pressure and then led pretty quietly. He stood around for about 15 mins while my daughter got there and he was real quiet the whole time. I think he is going to be real easy to train.

So here he is...what do you think? Isn't he cute! There is a picture here of his full brother too so you can see what he may look like...Ace, his brother is about three.

Cheers!
Les