The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Don't know what breed she is? Guesses?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/dont-know-what-breed-she-guesses-149439/)

mistysms 01-09-2013 09:04 PM

Don't know what breed she is? Guesses??

3 Attachment(s)
Her name is Krissy and I got her back in May. The guy I bought her didn't no anything about her but her age "6". It isn't a big deal what breed she is but it would just be nice to know what some people thought. She is 15.2 hands. Also when i was buying a headstall it was almost impossible to find one big enough. She has a BIG head lol. thanks you for all your help. I tried to post some pictures to show how big her head is

churumbeque 01-09-2013 09:10 PM

I must say that if her head is big it doesn't look odd in these photo's. Wlakers have big heads but you didn't mention about being gaited. So Qtr would be my guess.

mistysms 01-09-2013 09:15 PM

My boyfriend has a Quarter horse and i tried his few headstall he has on her and put it on the last hole and it was still way to small. My friend has a fox trotter and his headstall fits her very well. I didn't say but she is SO NOT GAITED haha

Chiilaa 01-09-2013 09:18 PM

She definitely isn't a pure QH as that pattern doesn't occur in the breed.

churumbeque 01-09-2013 09:33 PM

she could be half TW or Foxtrotter. They may not gait if crossed with a QTR

FeatheredFeet 01-10-2013 11:26 AM

What a pretty girl and nicely made. I don't think her head is too big for her body. It seems to match quite well. The spots could have come from various breeds, but I tend to think they came from a Paint Horse somewhere, rather than other spotted breeds. She appears to be possibly homozygous for Tobiano, with some Sabino thrown in.

What do you do with her? And welcome to the forum.

Lizzie

mistysms 01-10-2013 02:44 PM

Thank you, she is my first and only horse i have ever had. Right now we just trail ride I hope one day we could do barrels or poles but I don't think we would ever really win lol because she is so clumsy but i love her no matter what.

LeynaProof 01-10-2013 02:47 PM

I don't think her head is big. :-) It is goes good with the size of her body. Pretty girl. :D

stevenson 01-10-2013 03:28 PM

pinto :) .. she could be a mix quarter,paint/trotter. What horses are common in your area ? I have been told that a lot of the gaited mixes dont gait., not to starting another topic, just what I have heard, not gettin into the genetics of it. Just an option to consider when guessing her breed mix. She does not look drafty to me, and I dont see Arab in her, Maybe some Morgan ??

jaydee 01-10-2013 04:27 PM

I dont think her head looks big either - she's lovely!!!
She's not unlike my pinto who came to me with no history but the dealer believed she was a saddlebred x arab and she certainly rides like one that has been trained for the part arabian showring. I did ride quite a few registered ones when I was looking for a new horse and most of them didnt have what you'd describe as small araby heads and were more like your horse.