The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Possible Lease/buy (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/possible-lease-buy-149462/)

Milking Moo Moos 01-10-2013 12:06 AM

Possible Lease/buy

What do you guys think of this horse as a possible lease/buy?

Any opinions welcome:)
Thanks!

brookebum 01-12-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milking Moo Moos (Post 1837770)
Pony club horse for lease: Notorious (Tori) - YouTube

What do you guys think of this horse as a possible lease/buy?

Any opinions welcome:)
Thanks!

That depends what you want it for I suppose. Looks cute though :)

LostDragonflyWings 01-13-2013 02:44 AM

I might not be the best to judge but here you go! I agree with the fact it depends on what you want to do with him (or her?), but I like him! Was he 4 yrs old in 2011 or is he 4 yrs old now? If 4 yrs now, he looks great for his age. You guys look like a good pair too!

Milking Moo Moos 01-14-2013 12:47 AM

This is not me riding the horse this is the sale video hehe:) The horse is four years old now I am assuming. I would be using it from possibly eventing, but defiantly jumpers.

verona1016 01-14-2013 02:01 AM

If you are considering buying I'd get a very thorough vet check... that's awful young to be jumping a horse, especially one that's part draft.

LoveTheSaddlebreds 01-15-2013 12:34 PM

If he's been 4 since 2012, then jumping isn't a problem. A horse can start jumping at four because that's the average age most horses' knees lock into place. My vet, who is also my former trainer, liked to keep horses jumping from 18"-2'3" their first year, depending on the horse. She didn't jump them more than twice a week and only upped the workload during their five year old year. If this video is of this horse late into its fourth year, I don't see a problem. However, if it's been jumping since it was a three year old, then there could be some serious issues with arthitis later on.

Regardless, a vet check is ALWAYS a must if its an unfamiliar horse and barn.

verona1016 01-15-2013 01:13 PM

I found her ad on DreamHorse- she was foaled in May 2007, so she was 4 1/2 when the video was taken and is coming 6 now, so I feel better about it :-)

But as LTS said, a vet check is always a good idea!

Milking Moo Moos 01-15-2013 02:30 PM

Thank's guys:) What are your opinions as far as jumping form and conformation?(If you can see it in this video- which is difficult)

Strange 01-15-2013 03:24 PM

Well you can't really judge conformation from this video, but she's a cute little jumper. Average movement, I'd say, and I know she's still young but I would like to see her a little more balanced coming into some of the jumps. That being said, I think she'd make a nice lower-level eventer. She looks like she's jumping a bit flat, so if I were to go look at her I'd put her through some gymnastics to see just how much scope she has so you can get a bit of an idea of where she'll max out. I could see her easily going training level (3'3"), but from this video I can't see her being a great option for too much higher than that.

All in all, I think she's a cute horse. I wouldn't personally be interested in her unless she proved to be spectacular in person and it was just the video that didn't do her justice. So...yeah. That's my opinion, haha.