The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Barrel Racer's Tack, Bling & Things Thread

22K views 86 replies 28 participants last post by  Casey02 
#1 ·
We have the fashion thread...now here's one to post about all of the equipment, blingy and cute things we put on our horses! What tack you like....what colors would look good etc. post away!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
I know right? LOL

I LOVE looking at tack....colors....etc and since we have the other thread I figured this would be a good idea. Especially since most of us spend more on our horses anyways lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
Subbing! I run in some boring tack LOL. The only thing colorful is SMB boots...reins...and my shirt. Bridle, breast collar and saddle pad are black. I just ordered a new bridle...med oil texas star bridle and I think I might even need a slightly more blingy breast collar.

Reactions: Horsealot
#6 · (Edited)
OH BOY. Here's goes my lunch break. LOL.

SO, I have ONE horse that I ride ONE. Yet, he somehow I swear I have no idea how has four tack sets. With a custom in the works. Darn bling addictions!

Walker has his Back in Black set (first picture, not Walker,) a zebra one, a show one, a general training one. Now onto pictures of the bling I'm drooling over. Debating between a custom set from KB Custom or Magics Custom. Teal / Black / Red for main color choice not sure, but I know it HAS to have bling. The BF sits there amazed when I open his "closet" and decide what he's going to wear that day. While he has a plain bridle, saddle, everything, psh boys!

I'm SURE I'll have more posts as everyone chimes in. :-p

Attachments

#7 ·
I've only got one bling headstall right now.

But Red will be getting his custom tack set (headstall and breastcollar) later this year when we finally get the alligator hide back (that my husband shot in Florida!). So his tack will have our own gater skin!! I'm going to do something similar to this design:

Well, and of course, I make my own bling shirts. :) Mostly for rodeo queens and barrel racers and stuff, but the shirt I am wearing to the barrel race ALWAYS has Swarovski crystals on it.

What can I say? I love bling!!! Got me 2 pairs of bling jeans, and 3 different bling belts too.

#11 ·
I don't have any good pictures really of my tack on my horses.....but here are a few.......

My blue roan hair w/blue crystals Luan Leathers older Breast collar (I have the matching headstall). And don't mind me lol! I was in the process of picking up Mc Chompy pants head since he was lowering his head to the ground as he was chomping lol.

JJs Headstall...not fancy but it goes with everything and is simple but not to blah.

Scrat with my moms Magenta (sp) Luans Leather BC...that was back before we robbed him of his man hood lol!

Here is a OK picture of Zoeys...ALMOST typed Polly lol. It has silver studs and is super nice!

I am trying to find a picture that shows JJs Luan Leather.......here is a picture where you can at least see it...

Here is a couple more....I was SO mad that somebody bought the headstall lol...and speaking of headstalls lol he is wearing the matching headstall to the first LL with the Blue crystals.

This is my moms breast collar that she won when she rodeod.....it is ALL silver! I sorta kinda took it over lol...

This is Skippys matching set....that he STILL wears to this day. And the ONLY set he will be wearing lol. It is Stars and looks great on the old fella!

You can't really see this one...but it is a DARK DARK leather LL with white hair and pink crystals.

Hey will you looky here! I found a picture of JJs breastcollar!

AND here is another LL set bought it the same time I did the blue one...this was for this mare lol. It is black with Pink Crystals.

#14 ·
Lol! Yes...the Leopard pants was another "Outside the Box" moments.

And the headstall thank you! I really love it, my mom I think did a great job picking those out for the awards the year I got that.

#16 ·
I found some more pictures lol! Amazing what you find when you look through old mobile uploads on FB!

And I had this headstall in switching out bits onto different headstalls (bought some cheap 1 eared for just daily riding bits so I don't have to keep trying to find headstalls and switching bits when I need them.)

And with enough digging I KNEW I had taken photos of some of the headstalls last year.....

Ojoes beaded headstall...

One ear beaded

#17 ·
Here's my tack. This is my headstall. Don't worry about the hackamore position its fitted for my mare I put it on my gelding for a picture.

Here's the whole pink set.

More Zebra stuff!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Reactions: Elizabeth Bowers
#18 ·
Well, I'm not around my horse anymore, but when we were barrel racing, I always liked the zebra look.

(PS - I also threw in an extra one where he is showing his support for his mom! lol)

Attachments

#27 ·
I can't find a tack set. Haha he has one now but the headstall won't work with my running bit. I never thought it would be so difficult to find an all ready made lime green and purple set. Especially a one ear with no throat latch. Not ready to have one made yes
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.