The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   western duds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/western-duds-149595/)

farmpony84 01-11-2013 02:44 PM

western duds

I didn't get a lot of showing in last year (one show actually) because of lameness issues but plans for this year are hopefully a go...

I'm surfing the web for show clothes. I know about Hobbie Horse, Rods, Sheplers, Smith Brothers, Stateline, ebay etc but I would love for anyone to point out some cute stuff.

Right now I only have black chaps (I'm too fat for my brown ones) and a black hat so the shirt would have to match black chaps/hat/boots.

I have several show saddle pads so I'd love to find shirts that can go with them. The colors I have are:

Royal blue
Lavender
Pale yellow
Red
Camel
Turqoise
Black w/ Hunter green

I think that is all I have. I can "steal" a pale pink one from a friend....

Thanks for any help shopping.... (I can't spend $400 on a shirt so let's try to aim for $150 and down)....

Horsecrazy4 01-12-2013 12:04 PM

Nrs has some really cute shirts.. Also try Al bar ranch. I don't know where u from but I seen some on Craigslist in Indiana
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 01-12-2013 12:06 PM

What color is your horse? That is where I would start first, then pick the color that goes best with your skin tone/eyes. Avoid any kind of brown since you already have the black, we don't wanna mix those;)
Posted via Mobile Device

oh vair oh 01-12-2013 06:09 PM

Do the new "plain" trend! I am super excited. I'm getting a plain coral show shirt made to pair with chocolate pants and throw on a chocolate jacket for in-hand classes. You can get all these items at Express, Macys, Dillards, or find a equine clothier on Facebook to make a plain shirt. They run $50-$100. I think the plain looks so classy and versatile, you can have a shirt in every color if you find them cheap.

farmpony84 01-12-2013 06:56 PM

My horse is a bay (my avatar). No white. I will try to post pics of outfits I already have. I love coral! I don't have a pad though... I think red is my fave on him although his mother is hot in hot pink.....(we bandaged her leg in it once)

spurstop 01-13-2013 09:35 PM

There are several groups on Facebook dedicated to selling show clothes. You may be able to find something from someone who needs to unload a nice outfit quickly.

SaddleUp158 01-16-2013 01:05 PM

I have a teal pleasure jacket for sale on eBay for under $100. Custom Western Pleasure Show Jacket | eBay