The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   10 year old AQHA mare critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/10-year-old-aqha-mare-critique-149693/)

QH Lover 01-12-2013 12:59 PM

10 year old AQHA mare critique

Please critique my new mare, shes a reg. AQHA with nice lines, 10 years and 7 months old. Pics on first post and last post here: http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...ay-3-a-149634/

lilruffian 01-12-2013 08:13 PM

Not really the best photos for an accurate critique, but from what i can see, she's got decent front legs
Shoulder angle is only the teensiest bit on the upright side for my personal liking
Back is an OK length
Hindquarters are shaped relatively well
Cannot say much about the hind legs without her standing square to the camera

QH Lover 01-12-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilruffian (Post 1841483)
Not really the best photos for an accurate critique, but from what i can see, she's got decent front legs
Shoulder angle is only the teensiest bit on the upright side for my personal liking
Back is an OK length
Hindquarters are shaped relatively well
Cannot say much about the hind legs without her standing square to the camera

I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow. Thanks though :D

Elana 01-13-2013 11:18 AM

Can't really tell much from the photos but I have a question about one of them.

It looks like she is being ridden with a double tie down that goes between her front legs. Hard to see.. but tell me it ain't so!!

QH Lover 01-13-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 1842198)

It looks like she is being ridden with a double tie down that goes between her front legs. Hard to see.. but tell me it ain't so!!

I honestly have no idea...that photo was just sent to me from the previous owner.

QH Lover 01-13-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

I zoomed in on the picture on my phone, and I can't really tell...

Elana 01-13-2013 04:03 PM

I would not use such a rig on a horse.. and if it was a previous owner.. well this horse will have a safer life going forward.

.Delete. 01-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

I think its draw reins that are connected to the bottom of the girth between the legs.

Peppy Barrel Racing 01-13-2013 04:32 PM

No critique but a very pretty mare but I hate the way the her hooves have been trimmed very steep angle I hope your farrier will fix that.

Elana 01-13-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Delete. (Post 1842548)
I think its draw reins that are connected to the bottom of the girth between the legs.

Oh I know what they are.. and they should never be attached there.. especially if you are on the horse.