The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Art Journal. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/art-journal-149820/)

Chansu 01-13-2013 03:17 PM

Art Journal.

5 Attachment(s)
Been getting back into drawing lately and I've taken a few request off of friends and family so I thought i'd share them :)

second time ever drawing a dog and the first time drawing a cat.
first and second time drawing a person too. tips welcome. :)

JessXxX 01-13-2013 07:03 PM

These are really good!

Caitlinpalomino 01-13-2013 07:14 PM

Wow they are amazing! You draw people wonderfully!

Chansu 01-13-2013 08:51 PM

Thank you! means a lot :) not to keen on how the little boys face turned out but my friend was more than happy with it and wants to get the picture framed. :) I'm only half way through the cat & dog drawing, 3 more cats to add and I'm currently working on another piece for my cousin of her pony, but once I've finished them I'd be more than happy to take requests if anyone wants. :)

tinyliny 01-13-2013 09:37 PM

Did you use any kind of projection or tracing for these? or just eyeballing and freehand?

Peppy Barrel Racing 01-13-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1842982)
Did you use any kind of projection or tracing for these? or just eyeballing and freehand?

I wonder that too how did your people turn out well for the first time ever I wanna know your secret cause animals of all sorts I can do but getting those just right proportions on people isn't easy. I've had college classes on figure drawing but I still hate the people I draw lol.

Chansu 01-14-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1842982)

They're all freehand, I just tend to draw a really faint outline and draw an outline for bits of shading etc, they get rubbed out as I start filling it all in :) I always got complained at by my art teacher when I was in school for doing that, but it works for me haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppy Barrel Racing (Post 1843173)
I wonder that too how did your people turn out well for the first time ever I wanna know your secret cause animals of all sorts I can do but getting those just right proportions on people isn't easy. I've had college classes on figure drawing but I still hate the people I draw lol.

I reallllllyyyyy dislike drawing people. im not proud of the people ive drawn, they look nothing like the actual people & I got really frustrated with them :lol: the body parts I can do, I don't tend to think of it as a person, just a load of shapes that I build up if that makes sense? it always the facial features & hands that I can't seem to do.

Dreamcatcher5 02-11-2013 06:00 PM

Omg that dog looks exactly like mine! Beautiful drawings!