The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I don't want to date your throw backs!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-dont-want-date-your-throw-14990/)

KiwiRyder 09-21-2008 09:25 PM

I don't want to date your throw backs!!!

Oh my goodness, my sister bless her little cotton socks broke up with her fiance of 8 years. And she is going wild drinking most weekends, dragged me out a few nights. I am not a big drinker nor partyer, I like house parties with friends more my style.
Today she rings me up, a guy she met on the weekend wants to catch up for a drink during the week. Apprently he is short my sister is tall(5'9" ish) I am 5'1" hehe so to soften the blow of saying she wasn't interested she put me forward as a possiablity for the guy. And the cheek of it she even said I have to play nice :shock:
As much as I love my sister, I am not really interested in dating anyone at the mo, I am happy with my title as a "Hippie Nun living in a shed" hehe

RegalCharm 09-21-2008 10:05 PM

in other words she set you up for a blind date. LOL

good things come in small packages sometimes. :lol:

maybe you should tell her she accepted his invite so she
should be the only one to meet him for a drink

and you can lead your temporary nun lifestyle. :mrgreen:

My2Geldings 09-21-2008 10:26 PM

tisk tisk, those stories that start off "I met so and so in a bar..." don't start well. Be careful out there.

KiwiRyder 09-21-2008 10:44 PM

Haha yup Regal it's a glorfied blind date.

Oh it should be alright cause it sounds like he is a bringing a friend so it will be 4 of us catching up for a drink.
Honestly at the moment unless he has 4 legs & tail I'm not interested. I am so focused on getting my horse ready for the season I think I am safe from any dangers there maybe lurking.

RegalCharm 09-21-2008 10:55 PM

LOL from the way your sister sounds , she might have him
dressed as a HORSE. LOL....

Have a good time and be careful.

DashAwayAll 09-22-2008 06:20 AM

I'd just blow it off and forget about em. YOU didn't make the agreement.

paintedcity 09-22-2008 09:42 AM

Im with dash on this. I dont have people make my plans for me. My sister even knew that when we lived under the same roof.