The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Anxious for show season to start! Cutting pics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/anxious-show-season-start-cutting-pics-149967/)

cowgirlnay 01-14-2013 06:16 PM

Anxious for show season to start! Cutting pics

3 Attachment(s)
Looking through pics from last season, and getting soo excited to start shows back up in a month! Just thought I would share a few pics of "Kit Down N Dirty" and I from last season :) He is a son of Kit Dual out of Dual Pep, and I just adore him!
Attachment 125725

Attachment 125726

Attachment 125727

Muppetgirl 01-14-2013 06:19 PM

Awesome!!! I'm starting my guy on cows this year!! Should be interesting!!!

cowgirlnay 01-14-2013 06:20 PM

It is sooo fun!!! You will be instantly hooked! Good luck!

Muppetgirl 01-14-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirlnay (Post 1844232)
It is sooo fun!!! You will be instantly hooked! Good luck!

Thanks! He's pretty cowy as far as I can tell....or else he's crazy!! Lol!

FGRanch 01-14-2013 11:44 PM

Boy does he ever look like a Dual Pep, very good looking boy. Looks like a ton of run, I may try cutting on day, I'm sure my cow bred reiners can show me some stuff!

JaphyJaphy 01-15-2013 01:51 AM

That looks amazing, and like it's incredibly fun! Make me think I should switch over to Western...

Peppy Barrel Racing 01-15-2013 01:53 AM

Cool pictures that looks like soooo much fun!!!

Horseluver10 01-15-2013 01:54 AM

I love westren! I really think it would be cool too to try cutting but horses for that disipline are really expensive around here. I have a horse cutting bred but not started any tips?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kliment 01-15-2013 09:42 AM

Great shots, horse and rider! :))

cowgirlnay 01-15-2013 12:41 PM

Thanks all for the comments! And yes, unfortunately, cutting is not a cheap hobby... A "finished" cutting horse takes years to accomplish (and lots of money in training fees).. I lucked out, and bought my gelding for a relatively cheap price, because although he had a ton of training, he had not been shown much due to his previous owner. My advice would be to talk to a trainer in your area, or someone else who does show in cutting...some trainers who are not as "well known" may be able to work with you a little more on making training fees a little more affordable for you if you are in fact serious about getting your horse started in it! One word of advice though, a green cutting horse and a rider who is new to cutting often don't learn very well together! It is better to start off on a finished cutter who can show you the ropes, then in turn you will learn how to school your beginner horse.